DSD Sources

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by ammar11, May 30, 2023.

1. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, a little off topic but if anyone can shed some light would be great. People has been listening to DSD, but I personally never have any. I’ve only been listening to streaming services i.e. Tidal and Apple Music.

I’m curious on how it sounds, especially now that DMP-A6 coming. Where can I get DSD music? I don’t mean any illegal way, I can pay for it if necessary.

Cheers.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It sounds stunning.

I know @Nice Monkey has been a big proponent of MultiChannel music and I've always been on the fence about it, but this player has changed my mind.

SACD rips sound incredible.

Widely available ;)

ammar11 likes this.
  3. wcseow

wcseow Member

I bought mine from HDTracks and NativeDSD

ammar11 likes this.
  4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Can’t wait to experience that! (I know that face lol)

Thank you! Will check it out.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

There are many SACD's but for limited genres. There is a zillion albums for Classical Music and Jazz (related) albums. For other genres it is more limited and DVD-Audio and BD Pure Audio in LPCM are more common. This seems to be related to how albums are recorded and mastered. With DSD mixing the original sound is not possible so these are mostly direct recordings which with popular studio music albums is not that common.

Roughly 1/2 of my SACD's are both 2CH/MCH.
    DTS-CD exist above all out of Quad LP and Q8 Reel original tape remasters which also often sound amazing.
    Really anxious to hear these via DMP-A6 with HDMI output to my new Onkyo TX-RZ50 AMP. :D

Last edited: May 31, 2023