Downmix 4K to 1080p? X9S does not support 4K and HDR?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by tomeeli, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Gabor77

Gabor77 New Member

Dear All,

maybe my English, is not perfect and I did not understand all of the information in this topic but I think I have similar problem without solution.
    Briefly:
    Samsung 65KS8000 (EU version)
    Denon AVR-X2400H, (4k pass trough set for the highest level)
    FW is the latest one

Zidoox9s can not play 2160/60 fps videos if display mode is auto. TV switched (downsized) to 1080/60 in stead of 2160/60. it happen only with 2160/60,
    2160/30 works fine zidoo asks to switch TV 2160/30 (29,... whatever) (tv switched to the right mode)

Of course of i set display mode to 2160/60 then it works, but it is not a comfortable (user-friendly) solution. I do not want to change it before every movies, further more i need to switch off Ziddo to activate the latest display mode setting ... or zidoo upscale everything to 4k/60 what i do not want every film should run its original format. (I want to let this upscale job for the TV)

any solution/ suggestion,

I made a cross-checking with a similar Himedia q5pro it does not have this issue, i mean it plays 2160/60 when playmode is sets auto.
    I like more Zidoo, but this things is very disappointing.

Many thanks your help

2. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

My LG 65UH8500 can display current status by pressing TV remote "ok" at top left corner once, displaying connector input port, "ok" again displays status in the order of.... aspect ratio, resolution, HDR, BT2020, pcm. I had the Sony 3D/HDR TV which I returned, the display quality is really fantastic, but it is really annoying in its usage such as no 2D to 3D mode and other user unfriendliness.

As to the original posting of abrupt 1-2 sec lost of sound and video, this is the charateristic of my LG TV switch to/from HDR mode, and the X9S can still output HDR mode in auto mode (1080p) setting when playing 4K HDR HVEC or non-HVEC videos.

I am not sure about other TV behavior, it is annoying to have TV blank out momentarily in switching HDR mode. I would like to suggest enhancement to the X9S when playing in loop-all mode, it would be nice to maintain same HDR mode in transitioning from one video to the next to avoid the blanking.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  3. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

My TV is a 2160p TV, I always set the X9S to 3480x2160 60Hz mode. When playing videos of any resolution, the X9S still output 2160p signal to the TV, but plays all the videos properly in their original resolution, so you shouldn't have to change the X9S HDMI output to match the video resolution.