Downmix 4K to 1080p? X9S does not support 4K and HDR?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by tomeeli, Nov 7, 2016.

1. tomeeli

tomeeli Member

LG TV 55EG920V with full support for 4K and HDR. In the settings screen in the media console X9S mode is set to "auto" when playing back video with a resolution of 4K, the console switches the TV mode 1080p! Why? When choosing X9S in enforcing mode screen of 4096 x 2160 and playing the same 4K video, the video begins to play abruptly (1-2 second lost video and sound). It isn't a fake console that fully supports HDR and 4K? Please answer if you know this problem and whether it will be resolved, as is the question of the return of pristane to the store. Thank you!

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

This is legacy limitation of Android.
    Historically Android did not support Resolution Switching.
    In Android 6 it now does, the developers of all Android boxes have just been very lazy implementing it, so auto does not currently work for 4k.
    Why are you setting 4096x2160, that is the resolution for Digital Cinema, the resolution for 4K UHD TV is 3840x2160.
    Set your box to 3840x2160@60hz, resize your screen.
    Set Color bit rate to Auto.
    Set Color Space to 4:2:2.
    Set Picture mode to force 24hz.
    Set Audio to Auto.
    Play your HDR and enjoy.
    If you are having problems with these settings a suggest you try a 4k60 certified HDMI cable.
    I have just watched over a hour of a HDR BT2020 film with only the bugs that we already know about (av sync etc).

tomeeli likes this.
  3. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

i have exactly the same setup, i had a lot of problems playing 4k hdr files (skewed image, etc).... as my last hope i did a factory reset, and almost everything is fine (hdr is not always switched off after playing hdr files)
    btw.: dont use auto setting at display resolution

4. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

we will change the frame rate switch rule

Teacher and DaMacFunkin like this.
  5. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I have mixed results with HDR mode turning off, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
    The skewed pictue thing, when changing resolution on these Android boxes you need to reboot the box.

6. tomeeli

tomeeli Member

I hasten to inform you that the problem is really with the interruption of the video playback is gone! thank you! Need to fix this post or in future firmware versions to add some explanation when configuring a screen.

aleksey_311 likes this.
  7. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

The only problem I got is like wolfrick mention after playing HDR file sometimes HDR do not turn off reboot needed, but HDR content play fine.

8. tomeeli

tomeeli Member

Checked the video HDR. Set all values as you described, with 4K video started to play fine, but 4K video HDR still switch to 1080p! What to do with it?

9. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

most probably you have the 1080p/24 switch on under the developer mode

10. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

changing the resolution is enough to restore the normal screen, no reboot is needed.... at least with my zidoo it works like that

11. Sarco

I don't see anything just garbage how to change resolution?

By the way I try sony hdr demo and zidoo ask for 1080p and tv report 1080p but since HDR is only available for resolution 2160p no HDR in 1080p it may be false reading or bug.... Watching the demo it is in 2160p

12. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

At my tv a stuck hdr results in more vivid, unnatural colors.... i dont have any garbage whatsoever.
    I have hdr even at 1080p, if you may provide a link, ill gladly check the file

13. Sarco

14. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

for me it plays without problem HDR on at 2160p and 1080 as well... the only annoying thing is when auto 29.../59... is switched on the tv asks for 1080p, in case of confirmation it plays hdr at 1080p, if i cancel the confirmation, it plays at 2160 without hdr. If the auto 29.../59... is switched off it doesnt ask anything, but plays at 2160 in hdr.
    The real annoying thing is, that i have to switch on the auto 29.../59..., because without it the zdmc blacks out (even though the movies are at 24)

15. Sarco

Thank you, I try with 29/59 off and demo run at 2160 hdr but image has grain, anyway one demo to forgot. Those demo for specific TV are so specific.... My next stop is to buy a Xbox one S then I hope HDR will be fine!

16. tomeeli

tomeeli Member

That's true for me. This bug will be corrected?

17. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

18. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

@mirror
    Mode 3840х2160@59.94Hz presents? mode generally have?
    Why do you offer to switch to mode 3840х2160@60Hz at 59.94 frames?

19. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

to DaMacFunkin
    Thank you! Your setting were just what I needed... is't a shame that for such a product there is no official setting info from Zidoo. It's almost like trial and error!
    I can finally enjoy real 4k on this box now.
    Played 2 HDR demo videos by LG and Samsung (with Zidoos native player) . The pq is amazing, smooth, no dropouts or stuttering (Kodi's player couldn't cope...full of stuttering and pixelation...unwatchable)
    How can I tell if HDR is on ? is there any indication for HDR when it's active?

Also, does anyone know how can I change Kodi's default Music player...I have JetAudio installed and want to use it within Kodi...is that possible?

20. Sarco

Your tv should report resolution and HDR... Where? Each tv have there own way to retreived and show those info.