Download subtitle failed

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by wilsonganks, Aug 17, 2019.

1. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

Anyone experiencing this? It just started for me today right now. It was fine yeatwrrda. I am not sure what happened I thought it was due to my connection but tested and all was fine. I also thought maybe it's isolated but trying with every other movie is the same.

mackie likes this.
  2. mackie

mackie New Member

I have the same problem since 3 days, I reset the box and same problem, I have a x9s HT2.0 Ver2.3.8, everything was fine before.
    IMG_20190818_023500.jpg
    IMG_20190818_020019.jpg

3. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

It’s sad cause this is one of the feature that I love the most in zidoo. Anyone had any idea? Any answer from the developer?

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Same experience here. Must be the server that is not reachable anymore or something like that. This also seen the long time-out.

Zidoo should issue different messages for "server not found" and "no matching subtitle found".

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  5. mackie

mackie New Member

I have just tried now and subs download just fine.
    IMG_20190818_130607.jpg
    And no more login error: token is null. Hope it lasts.
    IMG_20190818_131222.png

6. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

I tried but still empty slot. Anyone else have any idea what's wrong?

Btw, @mackie how do you find subtitle of different languages? In your case Arabic. Everytime I used to search all I get is English.

7. mackie

mackie New Member

@wilsonganks you need to go to Quicksettings=>Playback=>Default language=>Default download subtitle=> you can choose more than one language at a time.
    IMG_20190818_172843.jpg

8. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

Thanks.

But now....to solve the failed subtitle search.

@Nice Monkey your side solved?

9. Nice Monkey

Yes, works again for me. Must have been the server connection for whatever reason as I now found subtitles for the same movies which failed earlier.

Tagged English, Spanish plus Dutch subtitles, but in fact never found a single Dutch subtitle yet. I do see some Dutch subtitles on opensubtitles.org though.
    As a test used the movie "Tess 1979" which definitely has subtitled to be found also for BD in Dutch.
    First tried with my default setting: 60 hits but no Dutch. Next only enabled search for Dutch and then "no subtitles found" was the result.

Remains also the request for Zidoo to issue different messages for "server not found" and "no matching subtitle(s) found".

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  10. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

Well mine continue to show " Subtitle Search Failed " until now. The subtitle box displays nothing for me to select. I wonder if this is an isolated case only for me. I have no way to fix this so far. Any help is appreciated. @Nice Monkey how did yours suddenly got to work again ?

11. Nice Monkey

Did not change anything. Will keep an eye on it if it works constantly. Could be a load problem somewhere as it most likely got popular with the last update?

12. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

I can't tell. All I know is, this fantastic feature is no longer available for me now. Subtitle has always been one of my greatest concern since I was using those standalone boxes, where I had to download subtitles correctly from respective website and it gets frustrating cause after download it got wrong, I had to stop, unplug, redownload and try until it's right. Zidoo subtitle search solved this problem like a flash.

But now that it's down, one of the greatest feature I admire is gone. Wonder if it would ever come back. For me.

13. Nice Monkey

Just tried once more (Tess) and it worked for me.

Server not found is a long time-out! A real search failure comes after just a few seconds.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  14. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

I don't know if it's time out or sever not found but this is what I am getting still up till now.

Still no fix for this and don't know what else I could do at all.

Attached Files:

15. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

Update, manage to fix it. Remembering what I changed in setting before this stopped working. Out of my expected error but apparently, switching the personal hotspot on was the one that cause the subtitle search failed. I don't understand this personal hotspot function I thought it was just making it like a repeater function didn't think it would cut off connection. WiFi in this case.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  16. Meinie

Meinie New Member

Ik heb sinds deze week de Z9x en krijg haast op alles geen ondertiteling, zijn er meer anno 2021 die dit probleem nog steeds hebben? Laatste firmware is geïnstalleerd.:(