Dont work Daydream (Screen saver)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by spawn_lmg, Nov 26, 2016.

1. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

Dont work Daydream (Screen saver)

for example when the 5 minutes in the settings, if idle after 5 minutes did not turn it on!
    How to make that after a certain idle time saver to start up?

2. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

my to..
    I have the same question.
    please help

3. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

add me to the list. It doesn't work and I forgot it on the main screen and had IR on my TV.

4. negher

negher Member

Daydream ....
    Try copying from the competition: MxxxX, BxxxxxxK etc.etc.

5. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Generally speaking,most of boxes have not this function, but it is useful for TVset, we fixed it in X6pro.
    And we'll do the same in X9S quickly.

6. negher

negher Member

-freeroc-
    Thanks for the positive response. I have two other TV Box (MxxxX U1, BxxxxxK GT1) and both have the screensaver

7. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

:) Congrat~

8. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Thanks for the info freeroc. This is very important to avoid Image Retention issues especially in plasma TVs that the phenomenon occurs more often. Since x9s appeals more to the enthusiasts, many have Plasma or OLED TVs and such feature is a must!

9. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

OK, no problem.
    As an side, actually, I have a old plasma Tv myself. After so many years, I finnally found out that its screen doesn't need screensaver at all.

10. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

freeroc, is the opposite!
    Plasma and OLED displays need a screensaver, better if with a black background and a moving image, best if completely black, but people like to know that screen is on and not "possilbly broken"...
    Instead, LCD don't have burning o local wearing issues of this kind.

11. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

But I heard that the TV manufacturies fixed the burning thing years ago. My TV is a example , it's OK despite I leave it's screen on all the times through the years.
    Besides, there should be a screensaver function with the TV itself.

12. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

freeroc, maybe, but physics is physics, phosphor forever lighted tend to wear and become less bright. I don't know which pysical principle is adopted by plasma tv manufacturer to avoid phospor wearing.
    What I've seen with my eyes, I suppose as a "screen saver" trick, was a from time to time moving the whole screen image by some pixel in random direction. It is noticeable only if you say very close to the TV itself, so it's not a nuisance.
    On OLED the wearing is very well known by the long time owner of AMOLED smartphone. In fact is a good rule to use dark themes and avoiding high screen intensity if not needed.
    Not to be argumentative ;)

freeroc likes this.
  13. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

14. negher

negher Member

Small clock on a black background that moves every minute. No need to devise just copy.