Dolby Vision FREEZE at approx. 1h16m / multiple titles (UPDATED)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 2, 2021.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I grew up in the age of "Intermissions" - I can live with it - my guess is that this is an issue with MakeMKV and it will be fixed soon.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, it absolutely is! :eek:

3. Markswift2003

Me too, but no-one comes around selling fags and ice cream when the Zidoo freezes...

Derek Watson likes this.
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

No but my better half or daughter privides the tea and biscuits haha!

index2.jpg

5. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Me too, I guess we're all old guys. I love overture and intermissions, but only if there should be one. But anyway, I'm in software business myself, it's a bug, so it should not happen whether we're okay with it or not.

6. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Intermissions where strategically placed as Act 1 and Act 2, whilst in some cases it was purely just to change the reel, some movies where actually written with separate acts to mimic stage plays, either way it was at the end of a scence... Not in the middle of mind blowing action and death defying stunts.

ammar11 likes this.
  7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

That's a fair point. So are we anywhere near a solution and is anyone (somewhere) working on it?

8. Markswift2003

It's been reported but I've heard nothing - I'll chase up after the next firmware release.

9. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Woo, that sounds imminent...

10. InNursery

InNursery New Member

I also have this kind of problem with no DV movies. The movie’s stop and goes back to HT movie page after like (15-16 chapter). I can’t resume it, I have to jump over the chapter.

11. Markswift2003

That's a completely different issue - sounds like a dodgy file, especially if it won't resume.

12. lami

lami New Member

Does this only happen with dv .mkv files? I have an extensive collection of dv material (no dv tv yet though o_O ) but I make everything I have (bluray, 3D, UHD) into movie only but with tsMuxer so I have the original bluray file
    structure (BDMV / Certificate folders)

Has anyone tried playing a dv title in a format like this and does the 76 min freeze still appear?

13. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Yes, same issue.

14. Markswift2003

Not for long...

ammar11, xskip and sojer2005 like this.
  15. snapo6

snapo6 Member

oh wow :)

16. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

That’s sounds... ‘promised’ :rolleyes:

17. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hi guys
    I have tried to play several Dolby Vision titles and everything works perfectly.
    They are all Mkv and they work. No blocking and smooth playback.
    Example:
    gemini man
    alita angel of battle
    top gun
    star wars
    transformers
    aquaman
    F&F 8
    I am satisfied with uhd300!

joe

18. lami

lami New Member

So im going to be forced into buying a dv tv then once the fix is out :D

19. Markswift2003

I'd say so ;)

20. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Exciting! Once this is fixed there's only one more and then I have nothing more to ask.