Dolby Vision Atmos update

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Just read this:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...w-about-the-new-rtd1619dr-based-models.80434/
    Above all the DV and VS10 related topics.
    Have an original Oppo 203 myself next to Zidoo Z9X and UHD3000 players myself.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Are these movies encoded in MKV?

The Zidoo will only play Dolby Vision Profile 7 MEL in Dolby Vision if encoded within an MKV.

3. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Mark - in my tests the Shield doesn’t even process the RPU on FEL it just triggers the DV mode!

Markswift2003 and Sledgehamma like this.
  4. wicket

wicket New Member

It would be in any case the full dolby vision because as far as I know the remux does not take out dv

5. Kritjuu

Kritjuu Member

The movies are not mkv but folder structure. BDMV. Oppo plays them as DV stream but Zidoo only HDR. (Mel)
    Oppo does not play DV in MKV

6. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Thats the problem. The Zidoo does support those only via mkv. Please remux them via the latest makeMKV (https://makemkv.com/download/) and test again.
    Profile 7 MEL triggers DV and Profile 7 FEL will playback in HDR10.
    Your Oppo won't be able to play those mkv with DV, though.

Thanks for that info! Imho that's even worse than playback of the HDR10 base layer because who knows what kind of things go wrong this route.

7. wicket

wicket New Member

therefore full it does not matter whether it is in folder or in iso, it is already known that zidoo does not reproduce them with dv but it would be interesting if they solved all the formats that oppo does not do that is remux mkv dv but in all its forms

8. papirus

papirus Member

Hi,

I can't see the Dolby Atmos sound logo on the posters at the Home Theater, but I'm sure the downloaded movies are Dolby Atmos supported, and it says that the movie title is Dolby Atmos.

Even in the " Dolby Atmos Demonstration Disc 2014 1080p Blu-ray AVC TrueHD 7.1 Atmos " file that I downloaded for testing purposes, the Dolby Truue HD logo appears on the poster.

Why can't I see the Dolby Atmos logo on the Home Theater posters. Is there something I don't know?

9. Markswift2003

Right, that's very interesting - not something I've tried with the Shield since I only use it for Netflix etc.

So is that the same for MEL titles on the Shield as well?

10. Markswift2003

Ok, that would explain it - as @Sledgehamma has said, the Zidoo will only support Profile 7 as an MKV due to licensing restrictions and a bit of wizardry!

11. Markswift2003

Yes ;)

You need to use the file suffix "truehdatmos"

See attached (soon to be updated hopefully!!)

Attached Files:

12. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

13. papirus

papirus Member

Hi,

Thanks for the answers, but even if I write the detail in the movie title as you said, the Dolby Atmos logo does not appear on the poster.

There is a strangeness like this:

We have 3 banner options for Home Theater usage. Classic, Cover and List Mode ...

Home Theatre-Settings-Poster View-Poster Display Mode

upload_2021-1-31_22-46-25.png

The Dolby Atmos logo is not displayed on the movie poster when Classic Mode is selected.

See:
    Picture below

upload_2021-1-31_22-47-47.png

But when Cover Mode is selected, the Dolby Atmos logo appears on the same movie poster.

See:
    Picture below

upload_2021-1-31_22-49-48.png

The Dolby Atmos logo appears on the movie poster when List Mode is selected.

See:
    Picture below

upload_2021-1-31_22-51-13.png

So to see the Dolby Atmos logo on the posters; we have to use Cover Mode or List Mode.

For your information...

14. Markswift2003

Right, got it now - this a matter that was discussed a long time ago - in Classic View there is a maximum of 5 media labels, so if more than 5 are applied by adding suffixes then one falls off. In your case, the Atmos one.

Screenshot_20210131-201801.png

15. papirus

papirus Member

Markswift2003 likes this.
  16. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

yesterday I installed a modified version of kodi 19 matrix under DV on nvidia shield and launched copies of Back to the future in mkv with fel and the DV turned on, it's a pity that zidoo can't do that, today or tomorrow I'm going to test other titles from fel

17. afss

afss Active Member

I believe there is a very good possibility Zidoo can also implement FEL MKV DV compatibility by using the RPU data and (at least for now) ignoring the EL layer - this is how it's being done on the Shield side.

Markswift has been in touch with them, and they have been very good on listening to customer requests.

18. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

As @mattmarsden mentioned above in this thread the Nvidia Shield just uses the HDR10 layer and triggers the TV into DV. That is nothing anybody should want.

ammar11, xskip and Markswift2003 like this.
  19. afss

afss Active Member

I also have a Shield, and at least visually, I have the clear impression it is using the RPU data on DV MKV files - it does make a good difference between plain HDR10 versus DV playback.

20. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I can definitely see the differences between HDR10 and DV, Zidoo could do something similar. It is not only that the DV stamp appears, but you can see the differences