DMP questions

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by muslhead, May 29, 2023.

1. muslhead

muslhead Member

Am looking to buy a DMP when they become available but am wondering a few things.

1) does the DMP play m3u playlists. The zidoo neo s did not when it was first released but most recent update fixed that problem
    2) are all digital outputs on at all times? Meaning can i connect three digital outputs (say optical, coax and usb) and drive three separate other components at the same time?
    3) is the dlna implementation the same as it is in the neo s?
    Thanks in advance

2. Spring

Spring New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

1) yes, it support m3u, you can play m3u with file explorer app.
    2) optical and coax can output same time, but usb could not output with optical& coax same time, because the support format are different.
    3) yes, it support dlna.

3. muslhead

muslhead Member

Thank you, Spring for your responses.

For number two, your response triggers another question. If i am using the analog out, will the digitial out (most specifically the usb) be "on" at the same time? I was hoping to drive both the analog outputs and a digital output (usb preferably) at the same time

Question #3. I know the device supports dlna but all dlna is not the same. I have had a number of products, including zidoo, that support dlna but do not work in my situation due to implementation. I had the neo s and the dlna worked in my use case. that is the reason i asked if it has the same implementation. If it is implemented the same, then there is a high probability the dmp will too. So i ask again, is the implementation the same?

Thanks, in advance

4. Spring

Spring New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

YES, DMP-A6 dlna is base on NEO S. I think it will work on your case.

5. muslhead

muslhead Member

Thank you

6. ecstatic

ecstatic New Member

Hi

For me, dlna does not work very well for DMP-A6, I’m not able to play more than one (1) track from a que. I am currently using BubbleUPNP server to make DMP-A6 a OpenHome renderer.

/e

tora-tora likes this.
  7. muslhead

muslhead Member

Are you using the eversolo player or something else to play the tracks (or playlists)?

8. ecstatic

ecstatic New Member

I do DLNA connect using Lumin app or Linn app, I have not decided which one is best for me yet. The reason for doing DLNA connect is that the Eversolo Music player is not as good in overview, searching and queing as other players. I am sure it will be after a couple of firmware updates. The files I play are on a Synolog NAS, evereyting from mp3 to hires 24/192.

My favorite plaver is Emby, but it does not support OpenHome, and sadly Eversolo ”native” dlna is not working like I stated earlier.

/e

9. muslhead

muslhead Member

I dont know if the eversolo uses the same app as the neo s but if so, i agree, it is not very good. It has gotten better but their hardware is so much better than their software and those picky audiophiles who buy the eversolo for its specs and sound, will likely be severely disappointed with the software. I use jriver and the neo worked fine with it. I am still waiting for someone (preferrably eversolo) to state their dlna implementation works with jriver. If i buy without this info, i will have to insure the seller i use has liberal return policies in case it does not work. This is eversolo's big mistake here. The software lags the hardware and its difficult to get answers to pre purchase questions

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Nope. Completely and utterly different. Redesigned from the ground up.

11. muslhead

muslhead Member

Good news for the eversolo purchasers. Hopefully the ground up redesign improved upon it and did not take a step backwards. Scanning yesterday using the old zidoo app, it took more than 2 days to complete a scan my music folder. The ability to find and organize local files is just awful for me.
    Still waiting for someone at Zidoo or eversolo to respond whether the dlna implementation would work with jriver. That was the original purpose of this thread to find answers to my three questions. All 3 were answered (sort of) but we had a current eversolo owner disagee regarding dlna.
    Since you are super admin do you have any insight that you could share or just commenting on my tangential software question? I wont use the software so its a non-issue for me. I learned from the other zidoo products how the software is. I wont get burned again. The hardware on the other hand, has been very, very good.

12. ecstatic

ecstatic New Member

Just to be clear, i copied my dlna investigation from a previous post, see below:

DLNA connect is a fine feature, especially since there are som great looking dlna apps (Emby…). Tags, album art and hires works fine, BUT I am struggling to get dmp-a6 to play more than one song from a dlna ”que”. I know that dlna is quite a jungle, but my other dlna renderers does not have this problem.
    Not having messed with dlna profiles this is my experience:
    • NOT playing the que from DS Audio app using Synnlogy Music Server library.
    • NOT playing the que from Empy app using Emby Server library.
    • NOT playing the que from mConnect app using Emby Server library.
    • Sometimes playing the que (!) from mConnect app using Synnlogy Music Server library.

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm afraid I've no idea whether JRiver will work or not - it's not something I've ever used.

14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The ptoblem with uPnP and DLNA is that it is a family of standards and options. One never knows what you get exactly when connecting 2 products of different brands and or OS.

15. muslhead

muslhead Member

Ok, thanks.l Thought it was worth a shot since i know you are ever present on the zidoo boards and are a reliable source for accurate information. Same with Nicemonkey

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
  16. muslhead

muslhead Member

Of course and why i am asking the questions. If i knew for a fact it worked with jriver or was the same implementation as the z9x or neo s, i would have a much higher confidence in the product being able to work for me. I have/had both those device and jriver worked fine (after a firmware update and about 6 months of waiting for zidoo). In my experience as a zidoo owner, the information provided from zidoo support is often times suspect or incomplete. Like dlna, it can also be subject to interpretation. So i have learned to trust but verify. Most importantly, in case none of those prereq's are complete, find a seller who has the liberal return policies.

17. muslhead

muslhead Member

What file type playlists are you using that gives you the problems? M3U?

18. ecstatic

ecstatic New Member

Not playlists. Play album or add tracks to que using the dlna controller/player.
    /e

19. muslhead

muslhead Member

Got it,. thanks
    Have you tried to play a playlist? Did it work or have the same problem. If you cant get it to play an album completely, i cant see how playing via a playlist would provide a different result.
    This is disappointing. So, essentially, all you can do is play one song at a time?
    Hard to believe Zidoo/Eversolo would release a product that cannot do this

20. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

I don’t have the intention of taking over this thread, but adding to it seemed more useful than starting a new thread.

since the DMP doesn’t have a headphones out is it possible to connect the dmp to the Eversolo dac 6?
    That one does have a headphones out.
    And if so, which is the best connection to use?
    If not, bad luck for me and then I’d be looking at a headphones amp.
    How would I connect that then?