DLNA Server

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Marat1980, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Marat1980

Marat1980 New Member

I have my zidoo z9x and I have 2 drives connected to it. 1TB SSD (sata) and 4TB HDD (usb3) all is working fine, but I want to run a dlna server on it so I can access my media library from the other tv. is there any known way to do it? I tried to download and install DLNA Server https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.al.dlnaserver however it does not want to run on zidoo. I've also tried to use BubbleUPnP with dlna server. it does the job but it does not want to run as a service, only then it is open full screen.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The build-in DLNA DMR Server (Under Network settings) does not work or is incompatible?

3. Marat1980

Marat1980 New Member

then it is on, the only thing I can do is send a film from my pc to zidoo to be played. I can not get access to my media library from my TV it just does not show up. However I tried ZDMC and set it up as a DLNA server and it works, however it does not work as I want, only in full screen mode.
    Build in DLNA-DMR under network settings is a DLNA Digital Media Renderer, not server.
    It would be very nice if Zidoo adds some DLNA or UpNP server to Z9X and the rest of zidoo lineup.

Paul10mmring likes this.
  4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thanks for explaining. The UPnP Client was added very recently and maybe a UPnP Server will come?

For me DLNA with DM still is a big mess with many dialects which only occasionally inter-work fully including some compatibility with UPnP:
    There are DMServers, DMRenderers, DMControllers, DMPlayers and even DMPrinters. I understand after searching that a DMP (player) can render and pull content from a DMS (server) directly but a DMR (renderer) needs to request content via a DMC (controller) after which it will be pushed by the Server directly to the DMR for playback.

Also many recent products are labeled UPnP or DLNA but in fact do support both. I think the UPnP Client of Zidoo in fact is an UPnP/DLNA client. If not DLNA DMR would not be a valid option.
    So it should find UPnP Server content directly but DLNA content must be requested via a DLNA DMC or combined DMC/DMS?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  5. Marat1980

Marat1980 New Member

As far as I understand DLNA DMServer is not something very smart, usually it will stream requested media to the player (renderer). the convinence of UPnP and DLNA that most of modern TV's can use this protocol to pull the media from the server.
    The reason I've got Zidoo was that the built in media player of my Q9FN (living room TV) does not support atmos, DTS and DV. most of my media is downloaded (not bought on phisical media) and I had a lot of problems playng films with dts soundtrack (no sound) or DV (samsung just refuse to play DV rips) Zidoo will play any file I want to play. However it is a bit more convinient to use z9x as a server instead of my PC, especially after I got 5TB attached storage.
    I can always get a Z9s and get all my hard drives attached to it use it as a DLNA (UPnP) server, torrent client and other things. But there shoul be a way to get it working on Z9X
    It works as a DLNA (UPnP) client now. It found all DLNA servers shared on my network and plays the files withot any problems. I can also remotly play media on it from my pc. but I can not get it to act as a server for my other dlna (upnp) devices without manualy start BubbleUPnP or ZDMC on the Z9X.
    The app stated in the first post is working as a server, I can see it over the network as a blank server but it does not want to search for the media on my z9x.

6. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hello everybody.
    I can not read the library of my uhd300 to the 2 tvs that are in the same network.
    I see the zidoo only from a pc where I can send, transfer, modify all the films in the library.
    My two tvs (lg C1 and samsung series 6) don't see the zidoo.
    What should I do to see my files contained in the zidoo from the 2 televisions that are on the same network?
    Can you give me a guide to configure?
    On zidoo I activated dlna server but the tvs don't see anything anyway.
    A thousand thanks.
    Joe

7. sjctac

sjctac New Member

I have the same problem. I have the z1000 pro
    Can you give me a guide to configure?
    On zidoo I activated dlna server but the tvs don't see anything anyway.
    Thank you