Device Advice Please

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Ndgame, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Ndgame

Ndgame New Member

So I am looking at Zidoo and Zappiti and wanted to know which of the Zidoo devices boot straight into the media screen like I saw on the X20 Pro? With a family and teens that screen seems waymore user friendly IMO.

I would really like one that has a cleaner interface and one that can either support chromecast so we can cast Youtube, hulu, disney+, and etc or allow me to install those apps for use.

I am hoping to replace a Shield in the movie room.

Which device do you recommend?

Thanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

All the Zidoo devices can be made to boot to the media screen (HT4).

Which one you get depends on whether you want on board disc storage and/or advanced audio functionality for music.

Be wary of Zappiti devices - the interface is dated, the hardware is slow, the SOC is 6 years old, frame rates are incorrect and development is at a snail's pace.

I have a Zappiti 4K HDR and it's the only media player I have (and I have a LOT) that I have never used for real world content because it's so bad.

(Actually - let me correct that - it's the only media player besides an Egreat that I've never used seriously - that was worse!!)

3. Ndgame

Ndgame New Member

Thanks for the response.

I have my own 100TB nas so I need no onboard storage. So I just need a Media Center that can play my ISO files flawlissly. I run plex now and its good but I want the next level.

But to be honest with you. Looking at the hard specs and Android version of the Zidoo's are out of date. I wish there was newer harder running newer software. However there isn't any good media center software to install on a i5 minipc these days..