Detected problems

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by SBS, Jul 27, 2018.

1. SBS

SBS New Member

Zidoo X10 very nice and interesting media player but unfortunately with a some problems.

At first, since version 2.0.5 the BD disk menu is not working generally or only displayed but does not control. I bought the player with the firmware 1.4.16. The BD menu worked fine. After updated to 1.5.0 still all OK with the menu. But from the next update to the latest 2.0.34, the original BD menus do not work!

The next important moment for me, the playback of DVD discs recorded in 4x3 format. Aspect ratio when playing old DVD's (4x3) is not correct. The picture is stretched in height and is almost square.

The next unpleasant moment, it's a strange behavior of the player during the reproduction of the DTS-HD Master track via HDMI or the optical cable to the AV-receiver. When you play a video with DTS-HD Master track and put the playback on pause you'll hear a terrible noise from the speakers. At this moment (on pause) player will switch to PCM (don't understand why this need?) and will make a noise! This problem is only with DTS-HD Master. With the usual Stereo, Dolby Digital or DTS is all right in pause mode, hear only silence.

I also noticed that external disks and flash drives connected to the player USB ports are not extracted correctly. According to the player, the safe extraction takes place and disk (flash drive) can be disconnected from the port, but after connecting this media to the PC, Windows reports problems with this disc (flash drive) and offers to scan it for errors. I don't know, is this problem is present on all Android players or not? The hard drive never does not go to sleep when disconnected, like do this at PC USB port or at old WDTV Live player. On X10 unmounting occur is not correct and it is a sad fact.

These problems are inherent not only X10. They also were seen on x9s.

I really hope that the forum is read by the developers and all these problems will be corrected in the near future.

2. lawin1

lawin1 New Member

Bad aspect with 4x3 DVD's have already been reported - http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-59-94hz-and-hdmi-auto.7473/page-2#post-35525.

Please, Zidoo team, hear us: we need more aspect ratio and zoom options in native video player (side menu)!

3. SBS

SBS New Member

Found another problem. The program (Zidoo Phone Control - Box PC) for controlling from the smartphone can not find the player. Knowledgeable people say that several firmwares ago Box PC stopped working correct.
    I do not quite understand how can correct one thing and break something else :(

4. razvan.toth

razvan.toth New Member

Yes, I agree with you. Zidoo should take care of this problem, the mount and unmounting problem. The external drives on Usb are all working/powered when I detached them even If first I unmount them.

And second regarding the external drives, they should also improve the detecting procedure. I had many external HDD's most of them are 4TB and till it is recognized it takes a lot of time and in many cases I must reboot the device to recognize them. It is not ok, it's a very important feature of the box, I can say a basic one, to be able to play from external HDD without having this problem. I encountered this problem also with 2TB so I dont think that is a capacity problem, and also with different manufacturers. I've tested all my drives and they are in 100% in good conditions and no errors. I will post this thing in firmware also, maybe somebody will take a look. Please fix it!!!