Default firmware on the Z1000 Pro?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Guy Brown, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Guy Brown

Guy Brown New Member

Hey,

I have just bought a Z1000 Pro which should arrive in a few days time.

I understand that there are 2 different versions of the firmware available. With without the Google Play Store and one with.

Which one comes installed by default?

(I want the one without the Google Play Store)

2. lami

lami New Member

Mine came with the firmware without google play store.

Just download the 6.2.0 now (without the G on the end) and your ready for when your box arrives. :D

I too am not interested in the play store, so having 2 versions of the f/w is a win as far as im concerned ;)

3. Guy Brown

Guy Brown New Member

Great.

I take it over the air updates will be without the play store so I can just update online during setup?

4. lami

lami New Member

Im not sure all beta updates show up in OTA updates, Plus I would rather download the file I want and update via the pen drive as its easy to do.

I would think an OTA update would be the same as what you have on, so if no play store you wont get it, if you have then you will.

5. Guy Brown

Guy Brown New Member

OK, will do that.

This is the best/latest one?: Beta version v6.2.0 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000(April Fool version)

6. Guy Brown

Guy Brown New Member

Sorry for being a pain - but to update via USB do I just copy the zip file from the beta thread to a USB drive and select Upgrade -> USB update through the settings?

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes copy zip file (don't extract) and then "Upgrade" as you say - currently all firmwares are Beta.

8. Guy Brown

Guy Brown New Member

Z1000 Pro received and all updated :)

Zigourney likes this.