Daydream (screen saver) it works now

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by spawn_lmg, Dec 18, 2016.

1. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

1. Settings - Developer options - Stay awake - OFF.
    2. Setting - Display - Daydream - ON - the upper right corner of the three points - When to daydream - While charging.
    3. Setting - Display - Daydream - select the desired screensaver.
    4. Setting - When to daydream - choose the time after which screen saver turns on.
    If Setting - Display - Daydream - OFF, after a specified time tv-box will go into standby mode

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  2. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Great. Thank you !!!

3. negher

negher Member

il più duro salvaschermo del mondo ....

4. negher

negher Member

Problems with Kodi, the screen saver is active even during watching the video ....

5. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

The 'fix' seems to work but causes another issue. At least this is the only thing that I changed and after sometime, the box goes to standby mode on its own.

spawn_Img, can you explain a bit this sentence?

"If Setting - Display - Daydream - OFF, after a specified time tv-box will go into standby mode"

You mean if you don't do the fix?

Also, can anyone please post the default settings (before the fix) for all 1,2,3 and 4? I already returned back 1 to default (Settings - Developer options - Stay awake - ON) because I think this is causing the machine to sleep.

6. jongsma63

jongsma63 New Member

I know, this is an older thread but perhaps it could help someone :)

This fix works actualy like a charm (can't tell if it affects Kodi because i don't use it).
    Took me some while to figure it out but finally it works (for me ;)!
    The most important setting you have to adjust is #2 (the one that changes when to daydream).
    This one has to be set to "While Charging" instead of "When docking". If you still have selected "when docking" it will go into standby instead of the screensaver.
    So make sure to adjust this setting!
    The last setting (#4) lets you choose between daydreaming or standby. If you don't choose a screensaver in "display - daydream" and turn the sliding button off it will go into standby.

Hope y'all find the above come in handy!

# exit; i've you noticed no problem with kodi!
    Works like a charm!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    dr4go likes this.
  7. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hey Guys

Got this to work - It works when the player is on the home screen and poster wall but when a movie is paused the screensaver doesn’t activate - Apparently this is how it works which is a real shame

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020