Daily schedule recordings possible?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by Yeahman45, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Yeahman45

Yeahman45 Member

The source code for the hdmi recorder has been released. Has someone succeeded of adding the possibility to perform daily scheduled recordings?

2. Yeahman45

Yeahman45 Member

I don't understand .. most people who buys the zidoo x9 don't need this feature?

3. Kurt

Kurt Member

It is pretty pathetic that this is not possible.
    I have the X9 and the pavo M9 (both pretty much the same), and both boxes are pretty much junk.
    The m9 I need to turn upside down or it freezes from over heating, and it can not record any HD audio.
    The X9 can record HD audio but the amount of jitter in the recordings makes it useless.

4. Yeahman45

Yeahman45 Member

5. Kurt

Kurt Member

I am recording off of a dish vip211 receiver.
    If I record a SD station audio records fine.
    If I record off a HD station there is no audio in the recording.
    I checked the file, there is audio embedded, but no audio is recorded.
    Someone else said somthing similar
    http://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/pavo-m9

6. Kurt

Kurt Member

I didnt try any fans or cooler yet.
    However simply turning the box upside down does the trick for me.
    I have been playing HD movies for over 24 hours straight with no lockups.
    If the box is in the right side up normal position, I can get only about 2 hours or so before it locks up.

7. Yeahman45

Yeahman45 Member

Ok thx. Once i get my pavo m9 i am going to modify some codes for the hdmi recorder adding recurring recordings.i hope the source published by zidoo works on the pavo m9 also.

8. Kurt

Kurt Member

The boxes are similar, as far as I know the only difference is the amount of memory, but you should double check that first.
    I would love to see if you can get a recurring recording schedule to work!

I have installed kodi 15.2 on the box and it seems to work fine.
    Also right now I have 16 beta 4 (kodi) on it. Minus the beta issues, it too works fine.
    What would be nice is if I could figure out how to use kodi to record.
    This would give all the pvr that you would need. But I am not sure if it can record direct like this, rather than only via the internet.

Another thought I had was maybe using the zidoox9 and the m9 as a front and back end to get kodi to work...
    Not to sure about that either.

I had a mythTV system set up, all working except the audio, where the system was both the front and back end.
    It would be nice if this box could do the same, but that was off ubuntu and not android.

9. Kurt

Kurt Member

Also, I haven't had the chance yet, but because the recorded audio file is embedded (but nothing is on it), installing FFMpeg decoder might fix the problem.
    There is a install you can run via goggle play from within the android box itself.
    I couldnt find an installer that I could download separate, from another system, then bring it over to the m9.
    It seems like it can not decode the AAC when recording... A long shot but might work..

10. Jerezanito

Jerezanito New Member

Hi kurt How you can install Kodi 15.2 a d delete the 14.1 installed from factory thank you