Crowdsourcing translation project for ZIDOO Media player need your help[22 Mar test version update]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

So? Could we have an answer about the viability of the project? Definitely dead or not?

We have all made some updates in transifex and we are still waiting the strings for the new functions.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  2. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

As far as i know (according to @Markswift2003 ) the developers are not present at the moment.
    And there is a strict covid lockdown at the moment in several provinces of china, wich could have an effect on development.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I was just referring to returning after the holiday. As far as I know it's business as usual - I certainly haven't been told otherwise.

4. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

The problem is the great silence no one says anything. At least they would react. For example: Here we are !! or We live !! something like this!! Or they say it's dead! Because the last transifex update was already 1 month ago. It will never end at this speed !!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  5. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

6. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Translations for quick settings and HT updated in the last firmware, but still no strings for the new functions while there are more and more of them...

7. am2

am2 New Member

Is the translation project stopped?

Last week I requested on transifex.com to translate both the "ZIDOO Media player Settings" and "ZIDOO Media player Home Theater(poster wall)" into Spanish and I haven't heard back.

My mother tongue is Spanish (Spain), my second language is English (UK) and my transifex.com ID is "Nex2".

Do I need to provide any further information? Thank you.

8. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I think so. They don't put any effort anymore to maintain the translations up to date when they add some new functions. And after 9 months, we are still sticked to the translation of the same 2 apps. We are far from the promises made in the first posts of this topic...

The user's experience for people not familiar with english is a mess. Spending all that time to translate for free and seeing where we are now is just discouraging...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  9. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Strange, but for HDR to SDR Gamma settings I have 2 times Bright, and Movie mode. I'm sure it was Bright, Vivid and Movie Mode. Don't know if this is with newest FW. Will check at transifex if something went wrong.

The changes for the core audio function I did 2 weeks ago have been implemented.

10. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Dear developers!!! Please correct the Russian translation.
    I can help with translation if needed.
    And please correct the text on the buttons that does not fit. I am attaching screenshots.
    Many in Russia would like to purchase this product, but they are stopped by the lack of a full translation of the menu.

Attached Files:

rockmeloman likes this.
  11. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Looking further into it at transifex, I'm rather confused about two translations for HDR to SDR Gamma settings: Bright and Vivid. At least, earlier the three options used to show as Bright, Vivid and Movie mode. Now there is "Bright" two times in the english GUI. I think I buggered up somewhere and I'm having trouble understanding what string belongs to what setting.

HDRtoSDR.png

Weirdly enough at string 346, in Dutch I have "Levendig" (which means vivid) where both US and UK english show "Bright". However, the key there is hdr_to_sdr_bright. Suspecting this string to be the proper one for "Bright" settings, I'd expect the other "Bright" listed, is meant to be "Vivid" instead and there'd be a key with hdr_to_sdr_vivid (or something). Which I searched for to no avail.
    The only other hdr-related string translated to "Bright" seems to be 320. But this key reads hdr_color_bright_c and I highly doubt this is the proper one for the "Vivid" setting.

I must be missing something. Can someone shine a light on this?

12. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I have the same issue in french with this new firmware (bright x2). That was not the case before and I didn't change anything in the translation of these parameters for a long time. I think that they have used a different string to display the function with this firmware.

The strings 319 to 321 is the only place where we have "vivid" in the key. If you compare the chinese words of the strings 320 and 346, they are different. Google translates them with the same result in french but I think string 346 should be the one to change, even if the key talks about bright.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  13. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

The developers don't translate.
    Translation has to be dane by the users themselves.
    You can find all information on the first page of this thread

14. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Checking the history of string 346, I indeed changed Vivid to Bright 2 months ago. Can't remember why. Maybe I followed Mabon's UK English "Bright" translation of 9 months ago.

I can't tell if it's the new FW or not. Maybe I noticed it because I have my Z9X hooked up to my Panny HD plasma again for a while.

Anyways, I have changed string 346 back to Vivid again, both for US and UK English. Since it's not still crystal clear to me what belongs to what, maybe @mirror could chime in?

For now, my apologies to everyone for the confusion and inconvenience.

15. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I did the same.

16. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Sent the application. Waiting for an answer.

17. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Hello everyone!!! Is anyone translating Russian? I want to join the translation. The application was made while silence.

18. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

I'm sorry. But how long does it take to consider an application for participation in the project?

19. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I got access within a couple of days. Chances are that waiting period now is longer due to the Chinese holidays.

20. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Look at the top of this page !

"Dear All, Chinese Spring Festival is coming soon, Zidoo company will close from Jan 26th (Wednesday) to Feb 7th (Monday). Please contact service@zidoo.tv for any urgent message during the holiday, we will get back to you soon on Feb 8th (Tuesday). Hope you have a joyful 2022! Best regards, Zidoo Team"