Crowdsourcing translation project for ZIDOO Media player need your help[22 Mar test version update]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 17, 2021.

1. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Unfortunately no Trailer has disappeared as the soundtrack is also missing. And no HT and QS update.o_O This project is very dying. Everyone sucks everything. It will take a very long time. Don't be right !!!!:cool: Sorry if I'm negative!

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Thanks for the new versions.

Still needs the new strings to be added in the HT project (everything is final for me, but this part), and of course a new part of the project.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  3. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Nice to see the new translations.

For UK/US English, if somebody would find that certain text should be revised/altered, it would be nice to discuss here.

[EDIT] Quick Setting 2.2.7 was already installed, the APK installer told me. After a quick look I think that latest translations have indeed not been implemented in QS.
    Does somebody experience otherwise?

4. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

For me, the test version of QS brings the last modifications that we don’t have in the last firmware. No message as the one you reveived when I installed it this morning.

5. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

I also thank you @mirror for the updates. Everything is in place. I finished this part. I would join the French buddy. The rest of the translation may come. But why wait so long? I thought it was all over!

6. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

@mirror And it can't be done on RTD 1296 ?
    I have no other way to test.

7. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Thanks. Weird that I got that message. Could you do me a favour and be so kind to check something?

Please first set "English (United States)" in the Quick Settings
    After, at Other --> Front Display Panel, look what options are available at the Brightness setting
    Are they the same as in my screenshot?
    For I know for a fact that I altered these quite some time ago in Off, Bright and Dimmed.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

8. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Off, bright and dimmed is what I have on screen in QS, english US.

Whitfield likes this.
  9. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

In the settings of HT (display), the preview for the corner labels option doesn't work anymore.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  10. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Thanks for checking. It definitely has something to do with that message.
    I'm gonna try a factory reset

[EDIT] Found it, doh...

Factory reset didn't help. Had to select the APK in the explorer and run from there. It will install and overwrite the old one.
    Some things you just have to figure out for yourself.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  11. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Any new strings to finish the job for HT and the next part of the project?

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

This was the same in English UK, Just updated to

Off
    Bright
    Dimmed

13. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Thanks @Mabon, I'll look into those for Dutch and US.

Thanks @blenky, I didn't want to be rude and just jump in UK and change. I agreed to another forum member's suggestion to use these ones, which seem better indeed.

Eventhough the updated APK's state "updated 10 nov", not all translations from before that date have been implemented, I'm sorry to see :(

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I don't think its rude to jump in. I would not have noticed this without the comments about it. As long as someone updates!

15. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Duly noted, thanks.

@mirror: can we have test apk's with all updated translations from transifex? There's still old ones in latest "10 nov".

16. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

And the new strings for HT still to be added

17. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

How you interpreted strings 320, 345, 346 in QS. HDR-SDR. I just looked. thanks

18. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Being direct, I interpret them to be three preset names for Realtek's HDR to SDR color handling. If I'm not right, please let me know.

I noticed that at transifex string 346 in UK is "Bright" and in US it's "Vivid". "Bright" is the direct google translation from the Chinese string. Also the 346 key being "hdr_to_sdr_bright" I think Mabon's UK translation from 6 months ago is the right one. I will change to the same for US. Whether or where string 346 is used I doubt, because

Current GUI on my Z9X shows same "Vivid" for both UK and US and in the same order. I think that not string 346, but string 321 is used, which is "Vivid" for both UK and US. The word is the direct google translation and 321 key "hdr_color_vivid" seems more consistent with the phrase than 346's key.

As for the names Vivid, Bright and Movie mode themselves being proper or not, I never gave it much thought. Where I do find that "Vivid" colors are more saturated.

If you have suggestions/improvements in mind, please do elaborate. I'd welcome it.

19. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

In the meantime, I also repaired the three strings for this. Thanks for answering.

20. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Something doesn't make sense with the use of "unmatched" (string #2). It is used for the videos unmatched when you scroll down to the bottom of the poster wall (no problem here), but also with the filters of Region (that should be "other countries" or something like that). We also have an "unmatched" for the string #126 but I have no idea where this one is used in the UI of HT 4.0. I gave a try to "other countries" for the string #2 in french with this release and, if everything is ok for Region filter and the category about the other countries on the welcome page of HT, the same "other countries" will also be used for the unmatched videos on poster wall...

The issue doesn't come from the translation but from the use of the strings by Zidoo. Maybe #126 should be used for poster wall or a new string (for the filter & category about the countries) added, but for now we will have a wrong term used in a way or another, depending what you choose to translate. And of course, this released version is unusable for the french users.

[​IMG]

Still no new strings added to the project, for HT and now for Quick Settings with the new demo function. And I will not talk about the other parts of the translation (media center, main page, the menus of the player, the music app). After 7 months, we are still stuck to the translation of the same 2 apps over and over again.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    Mabon likes this.