Crowdsourcing translation project for ZIDOO Media player need your help[22 Mar test version update]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 17, 2021.

1. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Please give Greek language a try too

2. Great! After 10 years, the text will make sense.
    You could at least provide some draw for a symbolic reward, so that users are not just beta testers for a company that cannot write 20 words in English correctly in X years.
    (I'm kidding, of course).

Translation would be welcome, but registration and so on is a bit discouraging.
    I could contribute "Czech, French and Spanish". But I have to see at home if I have a literary dictionary.

3. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Wowww this a second time when Zidoo trying to do localization with community helps :).
    I just can hope this time Zidoo Team will successfully manage array index and will not ending again with fails like are on some of firmware builds for RTD 1926/RTD 1619DR.
    Congratulations to Zidoo Team for new start of trying solve array index errors and missing translation strings.

4. Yaniv Dayan

Yaniv Dayan New Member

@mirror, I requested to join the Hebrew team but didn't get any reply yet

5. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

McBluna thank you very much. I don't have much time yet, but I will contact you on your website. I have a few questions about NFO Tool.

6. Cezary

Cezary Member

Hi, I'm new polish translation team member. I can see only chinese phrases as sources. Can I switch them to english?

7. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Yes you can

1.jpg 2.jpg 2021-04-25_104747.jpg

8. Cezary

Cezary Member

9. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

English is mean English US and not English UK
    US = favorite/color vs UK = favourite/colour according https://dictionary.cambridge.org

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  10. runels

runels New Member

Start to translate Media Player Settings and see big problem with arrays. Ziddoo in Arrays is offering 8 strings to translate only. In original current apk (z9x) about 40 strings more to translate. Is it any sense to continue translations with such holes?

Mabon likes this.
  11. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I noticed this translation too and wasn't sure how to interpret and translate properly for Dutch. Can you tell me where I can find this phrase in the Z9X? It's not at the framerate switch.

Mabon likes this.
  12. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

The "Resources" under "ZIDOO Media player Settings" are divided into "arrays.xml" and "string.xml". Seeing the contents of both, I wonder why this division?

Mabon likes this.
  13. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Is there a way to download translated resources and use them in your player to see how it looks and all?

14. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I must say that some translations into English make as much sense as the Chinese source characters :D

Mabon likes this.
  15. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Whitfield likes this.
  16. runels

runels New Member

Its seems some strings from Arrays go to Strings.xml now (found out them there). Continue tranlating and hoping for luck...

Mabon likes this.
  17. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Same here. I use the english (US) to translate in french in Transifex, and sometimes the english translation is weird or different from what I have in my own Zidoo Quick Settings.

And for the french users, feel free to check my translations of HT 4.0 and the Settings (not finished yet), especially all the stuffs about DAC and Audio for the settings. I don’t have a UHD3000 and a DAC either, so not 100% sure about some of my translations. :D

PS: will we have an « Alpha version firmware » including all the new translations, to be able to check in live if everything is ok (and to make some corrections if needed) before the official release?

Mabon likes this.
  18. sjaikamx

sjaikamx New Member

Pls add thai language i try to join but not have thai to edit please check
    my user : sjaikam

19. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Please do not request for duplicate language. Such as "polish(pl)" and "polish(pl_PL)"

20. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

@mirror
    I think this is a very good question. Can you shine a light on this?

Furthermore,
    For translation to Dutch I'm depending on the strings in English as "source", which in turn is a translation itself of course.
    To rule out 1 on 1 translations that would make no sense (as sometimes the source does), or of which I'm not sure they'd be proper, is there a way to determine where in the menu/settings of the player a certain string is used? For a lot of them it is obvious, but also a lot I wouldn't know where to find. Sometimes reading the "key" helps out, sometimes not.
    IMO bad phrases can confuse a user, if not being send into the woods. Knowing "where we are" in the GUI can be quite helpful as to what a string (besides plain text) would represent.
    Questions pop up when I'm doing these translations. "Is this a menu item? Sub-menu? A setting? A tip or explanation/description?
    Comprehending a string's place in the GUI/menu would contribute considerably to a meaningful translation. Or source-string itself.
    Cheers