Createt samba shares are gone after reboot! A BUG in 1.4.6?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by htpc, Jul 20, 2017.

1. htpc

htpc Member

Hey Guys,

i am on firmware 1.4.6. I want to memtion, that for me ,with firmwares before 1.4.6, it was not even possible to use samba at all over the web-interface. i typed in the parameters and clicked on save and execute but nothing was taken. so samba was till firmware 1.4.6 complette useless for on the ZidooX9s.
    With firmware 1.4.6 that changed. finally i was able to create samba-shares with the web-interface.
    but my luck did not last long; (
    becouse i often used the standby mode, i didn t realized, that createt samba shares were gone after reboot.
    if the device wakes up from standby, samba shares are still there, but after an reboot, this shares are gone!
    this is exactly the proplem i have now.
    i create a samba shares and can also acces with a pc this createt share, then i reboot the X9s and the share is gone! it can be, that i must again and again create a share. so also with firmware 1.4.6 samba is complette useless for me.
    i would be very lucky, if anyone can help to fix this proplem.
    in the meantime, if i find the time, maybe i try a reflash.

regards

2. htpc

htpc Member

what i found out till now:

the spoken proplem seems only occur, if you create a samba-share on an external sd-card insertet in the device.
    an usb-stick its has automaticly mountet and also tooked into an samba-share.
    it was also there after a reboot.
    as soon as i insertet my sdcard, the before mountet usb-stick disapears and first after a reboot, it mountet the sdcard.
    after creating an samba-share from this sdcard and another reboot, the share was gone again.
    for me this is clearly a BUG!
    it costs me hours to verify that.
    i can t not even anymore count the hours of work i put in the box, only becouse of not working basic-functionality!
    other people are out at the sea for example by this nice weather and i spend hours of work again and again in my Zidoo-Mediaplayer.
    For me this is not like the things with provided consumer-devices should look like.
    if an box for example is providing samba, then i must can expect, that it also works, no matter if i use an usb-stick, an usb/e-sata-hdd or an sdcard!
    if a box is providing under zdmc, that it can go after an mount of time x, automaticly into standby, then i must as consumer also expect that this works.
    there are the small things depending on not working basic-functionality wich can be very frustrateing, becouse they cost you unecesary lifetime!
    i can t also count how many times i must reflash the box, becouse of verifying not working basic-functionality.
    everytime, i must configure the same things, everytime i must give in my playstore data. again and again and again, so often that know it in the meantime from memory.
    this is also becouse there is not even a correct method for fullbackups like TRWP!
    i think one must see the box just as what it is: only a mediaplayer wich can be turned on to watch a movie and after that turned off.
    its not more, no addtional benefit!
    i say this from the perspective of an consumer. i am at least glad, that this box seems to make that from the company provided major job and plays movies.
    at least that seems work as far i can say till now...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  3. egg

egg New Member

Could you send me the following configuration?
    Maybe i can help you !
    ths!

[global]
    netbios name = |NAME|
    interfaces = |INTERFACES|
    server string = |DESCRIPTION|
    unix charset = |CHARSET|
    workgroup = |WORKGROUP|
    browseable = yes
    deadtime = 30
    encrypt passwords = yes
    enable core files = no
    guest account = nobody
    guest ok = yes
    invalid users = root
    local master = yes
    load printers = no
    map to guest = Bad User
    # max protocol = SMB2
    min receivefile size = 16384
    obey pam restrictions = yes
    os level = |OSLEVEL|
    passdb backend = smbpasswd
    preferred master = yes
    printable = no
    inherit owner = yes
    create mask = 0777
    directory mask = 0777
    force create mode = 0777
    force directory mode = 0777
    security = user
    smb encrypt = disabled
    smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
    syslog = 2
    use sendfile = yes
    max xmit = 65535
    max connections = 8
    dns proxy = no
    writeable = yes
    vfs objects = posixacl
    aio read size = 0
    aio write size = 0
    # strict allocate = yes

4. htpc

htpc Member

Thank you,

but that seems the content of the template.
    i did not change there anything.
    if you have sucesfully permanent mountet an extern sdcard insertet in the device with samba, i would be glad to hear how you did that.
    from my knoweldge till now, i don t think thats possible.
    for me it seems to be a bug.
    i would be glad if i am wrong;)

regards

5. francishe

francishe Member

My problem with samba is that the default setting constantly disappears. As the result my transmission and aria2 don't work due to their config files and download dir all set to the shared directory on the external HDD. It was down just a few minutes ago. Then I have to "rm -rf /overlay/*" returning to the factory setting before it resumes.

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

explain your setup a little, where do you create a share ? what's the exact source for the share ?