Corrupt Firmware or Player Issue?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by cappy1, Feb 5, 2021.

1. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Installed the UHD3000 earlier this week and everything worked fine during brief tests.

Yesterday, installed v6.1.05 firmware and it did a full reset (which seemed unusual). Ever since then it has been erratic: Sometimes loads properly, sometimes tries booting multiple times before it loads, while other times this error message appears: “Cannot load Android system. Your data may be corrupt…”

I selected “Factory data reset” and this took several tries before it took. However, it still acted erratically…sometimes booting properly, while other times the error message appeared.

Frustrated, removed it from the media room to my office to prepare to flash the player. But for the past hour it has booted properly!!

Based on these symptoms, could the new firmware be causing the problem (it was downloaded from an alternate site) or an issue with the player itself?

Thanks.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've only seen this when trying a full reset, although in my case it resulted in a full brick which needed some low level intervention to repair.

Did the Cannot Load screen look like this?

InternalRescue.png

As long as it now boots ok you should be fine, but maybe do a factory reset from the settings menu...

cappy1 likes this.
  3. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Yes, Mark, this is the same screen. I will try doing a reset from settings as you suggested and see what happens.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I would do a full emergency restore for it loading the factory ROM image again.

5. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Do you mean flash? Doing a Reset as Mark suggested seems to have fixed the problem. In case problems develop, can you clarify your suggestion?

6. Nice Monkey

If it is stable then you are fine. Emergency flashing is well described on this forum.

7. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Yes, I am well aware of flashing, but not your terms. Thanks.

8. Nice Monkey

There might not be an emergency image for UHD3000 yet?
    But just keep us informed if it stays stable.

9. cappy1

cappy1 Member

No further problems noted.

10. Markswift2003

Good news!

11. Dawciowski

Dawciowski New Member

is there any chance for emergency rom on UHD3000?
    Can I downgrade the rom on the UHD3000?

12. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

There is no recovery image for UHD3000 available.

13. Nice Monkey

Frankly I think the previous FW was more stable but this one solves the UHD3000 > 10 TByte HDD problem.
    So going back would not be an option for me. :(

14. cappy1

cappy1 Member

I spoke too soon, although today's issue may not be related to the old.

Last night the UHD3000 displayed only a few HT posters, as though something happened while loading. Rather than trouble shoot at the time, I switched over to another source to watch a movie. This morning it didn’t find any of my HT posters.:(

Thus, navigated to the Zidoo Backup file on server, but it would not display the contents (.ztb file). I plugged in a USB drive with same file…same results. Had to do Restore Factory to fix this issue. Never had this issue on the Z9X.

15. mutt

mutt New Member

I saw somethimes this screen, when I plugged in harddisk, which is not supported with zidoo

16. Nice Monkey

But now there is emergency software for UHD3000 too. Posted yesterday,

17. cappy1

cappy1 Member

===================================================================================
    The identical problem loading posters happened again today. Given the initial issue reported in the first post “Cannot load Android system. Your data may be corrupt…”) and now this, should I try flashing? Or, given the potential risk, maybe I should just send it back?

PS: The Z1000Pro and Z9X load normally.

18. Markswift2003

What options have you set for the poster directory?

19. cappy1

cappy1 Member

I tried booting UHD3000 and now getting the "blue screen of death".

Now looking at Z9X to answer you question. I created a folder on my server (and also on USB drive) in which Zidoo places the .ztb file, and then I export NFO file. I must being using default options since the posters are in a separate file, not with each movie. Where are the options to select?

Given the blue screen, what about flashing?

Thanks,

BG

20. Markswift2003

I meant the poster directory as in:

Screenshot_20210224-192508.png

But if you've imported from local files then the poster directory isn't used and the file cache comes directly from the source of the files, which if it's a NAS drive may need time to wake up and therefore will not show the poster files. The way it all hangs together is really a bit of a mess at the moment.

However, if you're getting a blue screen again then I'd look at sending it back - it really shouldn't misbehave that much.

cappy1 likes this.