Resolved Copy and Paste Problem

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Schwill, May 24, 2017.

1. Schwill

Schwill New Member

I've been regularly transferring files from one hard drive to another via the Zidoo X9s file manager. It's usually a breeze. I hook up my external hard drive filled with files and then copy them and paste them on to the larger internal hard drive I have set up for the Zidoo.

Usually I copy over .MKVs but yesterday, I tried copying over a Blu-Ray folder and the progress box just says "Copy File" along the top and "size: computing" inside. The progress bar doesn't move and when left overnight to see if it would start to do something, it didn't move an iota. It was still just "size: computing" this morning.

The folder is around 50 gb, but I've certainly copied and pasted files of that size or greater before. I've even copied and pasted other Blu-Ray folders and not had a problem. I played the Blu-ray folder from the menu and it works great (the new blu-ray menu functionality is terrific!).

Speaking of which, I've updated the firmware to the latest version. The problem happened both before and after the firmware update.

Any ideas?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

first. this is forum for x9 , not x9s, so ill move this thread.
    second, there was a problem in last firmware with usb 3.0, not sure if bug is related to that case, can you test over usb 2.0 ?

if you also have a PC. whould be a good idea to setup samba on x9s , and transfer the files over network

3. Schwill

Schwill New Member

Interesting. I'll give the USB 2.0 a shot. I did have it plugged into 3.0, so that could be it.

I eventually got it to work transferring the BD folder, but I had to move individual folders. (That was a pain.)

4. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Checking this

5. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

I checked it in 1.4.5, it's no problem.
    So check your own harddrive or wait for 1.4.5