Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Sure, but there is a huge difference between "just" failing to play a file vs corrupting, leaving the system in a broken state. The first is less of a concern if there is no "real world" content, while the later issue can indicate some fundamental playback bug. I only brought up this issue, since i have never encountered anything similar on PC, while using countless players and testfiles. This is so bizarre to me, that i could not believe and had to restest couple of times and was happy you could actually reproduce this, without thinking i'm going crazy.

So as a software dev i would definitely want to look into the later issue, while putting the first on the "to-do" list.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Mark is a much better tester for this than me.

3. Nice Monkey

4. Nice Monkey

33. When Powered-ON the Zidoo is dominant on the HDMI-CEC Bus.
    Every switch to another AMP port will be re-forced back to Zidoo. This being by powering on another device using HDMI-CEC or doing it manually on the AMP itself. The only bypass is putting the Zidoo in Standby then it finally shuts up.
    Happens still with just HDMI-CEC enabled and all individual options disabled.

darky_zidoo, dwalme and darkeyes909 like this.
  5. Arek

Arek New Member

For me, cec turns on zidoo but does not switch hdmi, I have to manually change it anyway. It was not like that before.

darky_zidoo and darkeyes909 like this.
  6. Piper2603

Piper2603 New Member

On MKV, when I try playing from last position, the movie freezes after a few minutes and then fall back to HT on BD/UHD-ISOS it doesn't

7. Nice Monkey

Updated to FW 6.4.20

8. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

And when to wait for the next firmware with a normal translation of all menus into your native language?

9. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

TRailers are still working so so. But there was an improvement with the last version. Just not fully working yet.

10. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I resisted going the local trailer method for a long time. I didn't need them every time I fired up a movie and the online versions worked well enough. But, I found that I liked having them more and more as I prepared popcorn and beverages and such and when the online ones stopped working, I finally just gave in and downloaded trailers and added them to all my HT4 movie folders. It was a big project, but I am so glad I did it now.... as I have the high def trailers I like for each movie and I don't have to worry about YouTube changing something again. And it is now just part of my normal new movie rip process.

thenextvision likes this.
  11. thenextvision

thenextvision New Member

Same here.

12. Nice Monkey

Yes the translation project keeps dragging on. It is also a moving target as Zidoo changes come very quick.
    I like the Dune approach as all strings are in a single file for their players which can be edited and next uploaded by users themselves. Much flexibeler approach I think.

Top 3 things needing attention (=points where still beaten by Dune too):
    - The BD and DVD menu problems
    - Get local language support improved/working
    - Get at least an extensive on-line manual in place
    Just my 3 cents in this case.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    darky_zidoo, rozel and cVVGLabs like this.
  13. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

What prevents the ZIDOO team from doing the same?

14. Nice Monkey

Nothing but may not be an easy change?

cVVGLabs likes this.
  15. Sekology

Sekology Member

Is it possible to add sharp black clipping for black levels in native DV content? Mark knows of this issue and confirms that it needs to be sorted out.

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I think you mean "Hard Black Clipping"

But yes, this needs adding - it's with Realtek at the moment.

Basically, Native Dolby Vision hard clips black at 85.

Michael Mamone, vddan and Sekology like this.
  17. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

I didn't know about it - bravo Dune
    Zidoo should think of the same solution - one file that you can edit yourself
    How long can you wait for the translation ...
    We are waiting for a good translation all the time

18. DzigiBau

DzigiBau Member

This is first post of mine, greetings to all community.

I would like to point out a couple of bugs I found in Zidoo Z1000 pro, firmware 6.4.20 and yes, I made a factory reset, couple of restarts and unplug, plug in, as it is suggested in this forum.

Bug 1 - Coaxial out

I use Zidoo audio connected to my sound system by coaxial cable, since I prefer more bandwidth of it, HDMI audio is OFF, SPDIF audio set to RAW, CEC is fully OFF. The problem exists when I turn Zidoo to StandBy mode and after I wake it up it, Zidoo somehow changes audio settings to HDMI audio on and I hear sound form my television speakers with no audio to coaxial out at all, which is not scenario I want. I have to reboot it or to manually change HDMI and SPDIF to OFF and that to set it up again as I want it if I want to hear sound from Coaxial out. Obviously , Zidoo has some problem in returning back from StandBy mode. Who knows what other settings it changes by itself when you turn it on from StandBy mode. I think Zidoo should remember all settings and apply them after turning it on from StandBy mode.

Bug 2 - Internal HDD

Almost same like Bug 1, when I put Zidoo to StandBy mode, wake it up, it somehow does not recognize my internal HDD, no small USB icon in bottom right area, which means I need to reboot it in order to have my internal HDD drive recognized again. It is another problem of Zidoo with StandBy mode.

Bug 3 - Bright, Bright, Movie mode

This one probably is typing error of programmers in menu Display/ HDR to SDR/ Gamma where you can find Bright, Bright, Movie mode instead Bright, Vivid, Movie mode as it should be there, like it is when you press Menu button during playing some video, Advanced, HDR to SDR.

Not a bug, but it could be solved

This is about AAC 5.1 audio, I know it is an old audio coding system, but Zidoo has a problem with it, sees that correctly as 5.1 audio, but output is PCM 2.0 stereo only. I tried sample found here on forum, some Simpsons trailer with AAC 5.1 audio and output is PCM stereo every single time. In my previous player Popcorn Hour C200, it was played as 5.1 audio to my television through HDMI or Coaxial out. I have some files with AAC audio 5.1 coding, bitrate less than 640Mbps, all of them are played in PCM 2.0 stereo by Zidoo, no 5.1 audio at all here. It is opinion of mine it could be solved with small effort from Zidoo.

Thank you guys for your patience and efforts.

19. Nice Monkey

Is this using Standby mode or also using Power OFF? Never use standby myself.

20. DzigiBau

DzigiBau Member

This happens only with StandBy mode, I have started using Power Off, which reboots Zidoo and then all works, except AAC 5.1 audio which is another problem. Anyway, if Zidoo has StandBy option that should work properly. I use StandBy when I watch some episodes and want small break, then I put Zidoo in StandBy mode and return back to continue watching next episode. Very convenient for that scenario, but it forgets my settings for Coaxial Audio and does not see internal HDD anymore. I did not put HDD to sleep, it is set on OFF.

I know this eventually is not a place but this Weather Widget is not good enough. I propose very simple elements it should be on Weather Widgets:

1. Location
    2. Weather Icon, rainy, sunny whatever
    3. Current temperature not a range which is not needed at all
    4, Click on Weather Widget for three day prediction by remote arrows not mouse mode.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022