Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).20 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

HDR10+ issue has been reported - I'd hope this is an easy fix in the next firmware since it's so fundamental.

The file issue is just that, a file issue. It's not something I've seen in real world content - I've seen a lot of problem files with issues stemming from bad codec IDs, non standard Profiles and/or non standard Levels or just badly encoded files - and if I had a Pound, a Dollar or a Euro for every post I've seen where some someone says "but it plays on my PC!" I'd be a very happy cookie!

2. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Sure, but there is a huge difference between "just" failing to play a file vs corrupting, leaving the system in a broken state. The first is less of a concern if there is no "real world" content, while the later issue can indicate some fundamental playback bug. I only brought up this issue, since i have never encountered anything similar on PC, while using countless players and testfiles. This is so bizarre to me, that i could not believe and had to restest couple of times and was happy you could actually reproduce this, without thinking i'm going crazy.

So as a software dev i would definitely want to look into the later issue, while putting the first on the "to-do" list.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Mark is a much better tester for this than me.

4. Nice Monkey

5. Nice Monkey

33. When Powered-ON the Zidoo is dominant on the HDMI-CEC Bus.
    Every switch to another AMP port will be re-forced back to Zidoo. This being by powering on another device using HDMI-CEC or doing it manually on the AMP itself. The only bypass is putting the Zidoo in Standby then it finally shuts up.
    Happens still with just HDMI-CEC enabled and all individual options disabled.

darky_zidoo, dwalme and darkeyes909 like this.
  6. Arek

Arek New Member

For me, cec turns on zidoo but does not switch hdmi, I have to manually change it anyway. It was not like that before.

darky_zidoo and darkeyes909 like this.
  7. Piper2603

Piper2603 New Member

On MKV, when I try playing from last position, the movie freezes after a few minutes and then fall back to HT on BD/UHD-ISOS it doesn't

8. Nice Monkey

Updated to FW 6.4.20

9. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Member

And when to wait for the next firmware with a normal translation of all menus into your native language?

10. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo New Member

TRailers are still working so so. But there was an improvement with the last version. Just not fully working yet.

11. Deano86

Deano86 Member

I resisted going the local trailer method for a long time. I didn't need them every time I fired up a movie and the online versions worked well enough. But, I found that I liked having them more and more as I prepared popcorn and beverages and such and when the online ones stopped working, I finally just gave in and downloaded trailers and added them to all my HT4 movie folders. It was a big project, but I am so glad I did it now.... as I have the high def trailers I like for each movie and I don't have to worry about YouTube changing something again. And it is now just part of my normal new movie rip process.

thenextvision likes this.
  12. thenextvision

thenextvision New Member

Same here.

13. Nice Monkey

Yes the translation project keeps dragging on. It is also a moving target as Zidoo changes come very quick.
    I like the Dune approach as all strings are in a single file for their players which can be edited and next uploaded by users themselves. Much flexibeler approach I think.

Top 3 things needing attention (=points where still beaten by Dune too):
    - The BD and DVD menu problems
    - Get local language support improved/working
    - Get at least an extensive on-line manual in place
    Just my 3 cents in this case.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022 at 8:34 AM
    cVVGLabs likes this.
  14. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Member

What prevents the ZIDOO team from doing the same?

15. Nice Monkey

Nothing but may not be an easy change?

cVVGLabs likes this.