Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Alphabetic ordering issue with the special characters is back...

My movies with titles starting with « É » are back to the top of my poster wall, with all the others special characters. With an older firmware, the issue was solved and they were with the others « E ».

[​IMG]

I gave a try to a complete scan with this firmware (internal hdd, source with around 400 movies). It’s a little bit slow, with no better accuracy than before. I have the same unmatched movies even if the titles are exactly the same as TMDb. It remains acceptable but a capability to recognize the release date in parentheses while ignoring any other numbers in the title would help a lot imho. The corner labels for 4k appear right after the scan, the HD labels, not at all.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  2. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

The .sub subtitle bug is still there.......has no focus since the beginning it seems. I am sad for that, because I always have to get a .srt which is working flawless. But as pointed out .sub is working with ZDMC and KODI all the time. Zidoo just doesn't get it right into their native player........................

best regards

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  3. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

You mean right after a fresh new scan of a source (what I was talking about) or after watching a movie for the first time?

And yes, I have some old movies but all fully restored and available in Full HD. :)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  4. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Even if I am not directly concerned (all the movies in my collection are remux), the issue about the BD menu is the most asked/discussed on the french forum HCFR. If Zidoo could improve it and get what the competition is able to do, that would be a major improvement imho. :)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  5. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Already written ten times on this forum and in private.

According to some people, the Zidoo does not have the possibility to have a BDmenu support comparable to other boxes.

6. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Why they couldn’t push it as the same level as the other competitors?

HT is greater every time they improve it and, imho, much better than what the others offer. To get a good stability for the BD menu would be a good achievement.

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I can only guess. But having a Dune and a Zidoo I see a different approach. Zidoo has many unique features and functions which most are available in both modes with and without menus. The Dune on the other hand offers only a proprietary advanced function interface without menus. Using Full Menu it feels and controls mostly as any ordinary disc based BD Player and the experience is close to my OPPO in that mode. Not even external subtitles are supported then. The reason for doing so is that the BD menu and controls interacting with java based/discs can be facilitated then more easily. You can't have 2 captains on a ship. Obviously I may be wrong here but I feel it is not that easy.

8. OlivierQC

We are going to start again in an endless debate and Mirror is deaf ear for a long time on this subject

For me the subject has been closed for a long time and those who need a good support of BDmenu must unfortunately look at the competitors

9. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Not really a debate, just to understand what is possible or not and why. What Nice Monkey is explaining, makes sense to me. So the possible way would be to have a restricted BD menu support, with more stability but no extras coming with it.

10. Nice Monkey

That is the essence of my two cents theory indeed. :D

11. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

I love BD menu therefore i have some FULL BD ISO files.
    This is what zidoo.tv says, which is why I (also) bought this player:

Support BD / BD3D / UHD full Blu-ray navigation and complex MPLS structure Blu-ray seamless branching playback.

The Full Blu-ray navigation on all media players means: along with a menu, from stem to stern. But this is not or not completely true :( My Dune 4K pro plays much more without error with menu, like my Z9X. So I’m a little dissatisfied with this part. So the zidoo.tv site misleading?

12. OlivierQC

Yes, it has been reported several times,

This could be considered as misleading advertising and you are not the only one in this case, unfortunately Zidoo has not made any correction on this point.

13. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

On my UHD3000 it seems to be more than just a language update as a new refresh button has appeared on the screen that comes up after you press More at the bottom of the screen. In fact after I updated to FW V6.3.40 all the media info buttons appeared at the bottom of the page without having to have all that info in the file name……..then it no longer worked on new material until I updated HT as well. When I did this the refresh button appeared.I posted numerous screen captures elsewhere.
    Posterwall (HT4.0)

14. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

Because Posterwall glitchfree and indexing is hard (try the dvdfab movie server which shows how such a thing goes bust in development) and a feature like full BD-Menu support is not an official technology on all these boxes which are in fact not licenced to do so.

All the boxes which offer full menu support need to use a kind of "unofficial" piece of code to do so. Without going too much into details : there are at least two code compilations which enable full menu support without the officialy full fletched and licenced java set which would normally be needed.

If you would use the BD-menu feature full fletched ...yes...you would have no problems and it would work out of the box (ie the one that is present in every official sony, denon or I know what bluray player) and it would update automatically to new releases through firmware... BUT you could say good bye to ISO support, open platform enabling Google Apps installation and and and.
    So depending on the tech you build your menu support on the more difficult it gets to keep it error free.

For those who haven't followed the whole evolution from regular disc players to dvd/bd ripping and finally to streaming boxes they can not understand that and just think that everything should be possible but in reality offering a product with the features of the one of zidoo is far from straightforward and a very thin line.

And yes, if you want the same features as fully fletched players in a streamer then this exists : it's called kaleidescape.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  15. PhonerX

PhonerX New Member

I would like to add to the issues with v6.3.40 firmware that HDMI CEC Volume control is not working with Sony HT-ST5000 Soundbar.
    I can't confirm if this also happens with other Sony TV equipment, but I would imagine that the problem is also present.
    Could someone please verify this and could Zidoo team please solve this issue?

16. Nice Monkey

I haven't ever seen an android HDMI-CEC feature working with an AMP or Soundbar just with a direct coupled TV.

17. PhonerX

PhonerX New Member

I have tested and the soundbar HDMI CEC works perfectly with the Nvidia Shield. So it should be possible to make it work with Zidoo devices as well.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  18. Nice Monkey

That one runs Android TV as far as I know and has Google support for that Android OS version.
    The Zidoo runs Android Leanback.

19. PhonerX

PhonerX New Member

Another example of device on Android, not Android TV is UGOOS AM6. On it HDMI CEC control for AV receivers has been implemented more than a year ago (from changelog in firmware 0.3.4 - Added ability to adjust the volume of AV receivers via HDMI CEC). So it really should be possible as well on Zidoo.

This is not a feature request but a problem - in Zidoo HDMI CEC settings for volume control it is clearly written - "When HDMI is the source output, this function will send the volume control signal of this unit to the power amplifier or TV through CEC."

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  20. Nice Monkey

Updated for FW 6.3.45 for Z9X models. As promised the DTS-CD playback problem was solved for another format. My list is now empty here so it is finally marked green. :)
    Unfortunately the gapless problem for MCH was not solved yet. :(

Roon? What is the actual status? Can a Roon user confirm it as solved?