Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I am not a roon user, but according to this link it's working.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?posts/162711/

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    Nice Monkey likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thanks! Unless contraindicated I will remove it with the next FW release.

The same applies to:
    24. Music Player plays 24-bit 192kHz FLAC files very badly.
    Normally don't use my Z9X for music but gave this a try once more. I feel it was cured. Obviously not the same sound as with my Neo X but no distortions.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  3. Nice Monkey

Updated the Roon status after info from Zidoo.

TifKag likes this.
  4. Nice Monkey

Updated with FW 6.3.50. No new fixes here from my list but green items removed.
    Some items reported here by others seem to be solved.

Overall the FW is becoming very stable with few core player problems remaining for Movies and Music. My list is getting shorter too for sure.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  5. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

.sub subtitles display problems with native player are still there (but works in ZDMC and Kodi).

6. Nice Monkey

Splitt the MCH gapless not supported problem #25 into 2 problems as the common bypass makes matters even a lot worse here. Described now in #26 separately.

I really hope it gets some attention now.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  7. Robik234

Robik234 New Member

I found HDMI IN apk is not working properly in my new Zidoo Z1000 Pro. FW 6.3.50. - vanilla system after upgrade and factory reset.
    1. Bitrate value in menu has no effect on recording parameters. Files are always recorded with bitrate above 15 Mb/s !!! - YES it is more than we see as max 10Mb/s shown in menu, so probably it is also bug.
    2. Recording crashes when recorded file reaches ca. 3,8 GB - what is very easy to have when you record video in 50FPS with bitrate 15Mb/s. File is broken.
    3. PIP during recording makes dropouts in video frames and/or audio
    4. 4k input signal recorded as 1080p makes dropouts in video frames
    HDMI recording with Z1000 Pro is impossible with mentioned bugs. I have also X10 - it works flawlessly. I have bought Z1000 Pro to have DV and of course I thought HDMI recording will work without problems on it. PQ difference between X10 and Z1000 is impressive but I am disappointed loosing recording functionality...

8. Nice Monkey

Added HDMI-IN recording to the list. Mentioned by several persons and used to work good before.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  9. PhonerX

PhonerX New Member

HDMI CEC volume control for AV receivers still not working
    and another bug - In settings change the function of up/down keys from default "chapter switch" to "fast forward/rewind" does not work in full BD menu mode.
    The up/down keys still switch chapters just like PgUp and PgDown.
    Fast forward/rewind on Up/Down keys only works without Full BD Menu.

10. Nice Monkey

Problem #28 with smoothness of BD Menu playback added. This appears to be due not including the seamless branching fix during actual menu video playback.

My Dune has the same limitation but my OPPO plays them all smooth as silk.

@PhonerX noted. But in this list these are considered inconveniences.

Updated for FW 6.3.60 but unfortunately no new green items.
    I had hope from item 8 in change logs #22 would have been fixed but it is not. It is partially fixed only.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    dr4go likes this.
  11. PhonerX

PhonerX New Member

@nice-monkey Thank you. As there is no separate list of inconveniences, I was asking to add it to the problems. While completely I agree with you that non-working Full-BD menu on some movies is more important problem, non-functioning option to map up/down keys is not normal.

12. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Can we expect that issue #1 and, to a lesser extent, #13 will be solved one day? I can understand that #1 is not the easiest one to solve or to improve but a small bug like #13 is here for ages (in detailed information and the name of the audio track) and brings confusion to the users.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  13. Nice Monkey

Update for FW 6.3.66 with no changes found. Please correct me if wrong.

14. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

TMDb is suppressed by TVDb. For example, Schumacher's biographical film. TVDb can also be found on the show but Zidoo only allows the TMDb version. That’s why he puts it in the movies, though, in the TV show. The passage of the Movies and TV series should be allowed.

15. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Firmware releases are on the rise and more and more new features, however, are not constantly being uploaded for translation on Transifex. We will be very behind as it will take months for it to look the way it should.

16. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I noticed in the explorer, setting the Viewport to "Grid" defaults back to "List" view after new bootup. It is an old bug which seems to have been re-introduced in latest fw. If this can be confirmed, I'd like this on the list.

17. Nice Monkey

Added HDMI-CEC not working with an AMP inbetween to my list since it is claimed to work explicitly in FW updates.

@Whitfield
    Please keep an eye on it. I pressume it to be corrected again in the next FW update.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  18. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I will of course. Cheers

19. puremind

puremind New Member

20. I have three complaints, it doesn't have Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon, Discovery Plus doesn't work correctly, control doesn't have navigation in the app correctly.
    Does anyone have a request for these issues.