Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Will keep an eye on that one. Don't recall seeing that. Have 3 cities configured, maybe that makes a difference?

2. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

In french, we have special characters and some of these characters can be the first one in the title of a Movie, for example: À, É, Ô, Ç...

13. Special characters, alphabetic ordering issue:
    In HT4.0, they are all to the same place, no matter if it starts with an "A", "E", "O" or something else. For example, the movie highlighted should be sorted alphabetically with the other ones with an "E" at the beginning of the title. The bug is not there with firmware 6.0.22.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    Mabon likes this.
  3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Found one serious issue with v.90

Anyone tested DTS-X movies yet

id just run Jurrasic world fallen kingdom thru the Fel to Mel process and went to test it ,but it only comes up as 5.1 audio. with NO dts-x options available in the menu (Z9X one)
    ran Mediainfo got
    udio #1
    ID : 2
    Format : DTS XLL X
    Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
    Commercial name : DTS-HD Master Audio
    Codec ID : A_DTS
    Duration : 2 h 8 min
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 4 231 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 8 channels
    Channel(s)_Original : Object Based
    ChannelLayout_Original : Object Based
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)
    Bit depth : 24 bits
    Stream size : 3.79 GiB (8%)
    Title : Surround 7.1
    Language : English
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

so the file has that correct

Then checked all the previously working Jurassic movies ,and DTS_X isnt showing as available via the menu settings..and these are all the untoched Complete uhd disc images still ,all which worked for DTS-X in previous firmwares

Not a biggy atm ..got loads of DV movies to go thru still but something needed in next firmware fix
    ill post this on the official issues thread too

4. Dan

Dan Member

For info, I've just tested the original Jurassic park 4K remux and my amp is displaying DTS X and I’m on version 90.

5. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

weird
    definitly wouldnt show dts-x for me

DV dolby atmos are all working fine ..ie im 30 mins into Top gun atm

and as i said above ,to confirm it i went back to the original complete images ,all which worked in the past ,and none display dts-x as an option

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

go Figure
    Looks like my Panasonic OLED gz1000 doesnt support DTS-X
    it does earc /HLG/HDR10+/Dolby Atmos/dolby vision but cant see support for dts-x

lol only became an issue because i swapped recently from Zidoo to amp , to Zidoo . TV. earc .Amp so i could watch HDR10+

time to swap back i guess
    rather get the better sounds ,and just use forced DV for HDR10+ stuff

7. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Most TVs don’t support dts:X as far as I know, only Dolby Atmos even though eARC supports it. I think it’s a licensing cost, on the other hand Dolby probably provide a good price for a Dolby Vision + Atmos bundle.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  8. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

For some reasons, I have flashed the bios so I've got the firmware 6.0.22 coming with the image. Before to install the 6.0.90, I was curious to see how it runs with that old firmare (still HT3.0 in it, ver 3.0.50) And you know what, that's a miracle! lol :p

5. Languages of HT and GUI conflict :
    Gone, everything works as it should. I can use English/US in GUI and French in HT, even after a restart of the box or a clear data.

6. Return Remote button in poster wall:
    No problem anymore!

7. TV Series scrape accuracy (in french, other language to be confirmed)
    All my TV Series match but one special episode, so almost perfect. For the movies, not too bad (20 unmatched/400 movies)

13. Special characters, alphabetic ordering issue:
    The movie that I was talking about in my example is to the right place, with the other movies starting by E

14. Weather app not displaying my city by itself on the main page (random)
    The Weather app bug seems to be gone too but I will wait a couple of restarts to be sure.

I also have a feeling of a better fluidity everywhere, including when I start a movie (HD or 4K).

For a good part of all of these, I really suspect HT 4.0 to generate the issues that I have found. In fact, I am only missing few things coming with HT4.0 but at least, the box works as it should for the movies/TV Series management. About Dolby Vision with that firmware: the trilogy of the Hobbit and the lord of the rings are a fail. Alita Battle Angel and Ready player one in DV, they start to play but some stuttering issues appears after few minutes.

9. Nice Monkey

Why does this not surprise me? Most problems are for HT4 specifically.

10. AKI

AKI New Member

I have the same weather error and only have one city selected in the app. Additionally, there is a problem with the translation, the descriptions are in Greek even though I have Polish set
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

11. Nice Monkey

The APP is most likely installed/added by Zidoo as-is. I take it for granted. The error may have something to do with the Android generation change?

Zidoo Digital Signage does not work anymore without problems either.

AKI likes this.
  12. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Firmware 6.0.22 uses Android 9.

For the weather app, with this firmware running, it works as far as I can see after over 10 start procedure of the box. When you arrive on the main page of the GUI at start, there is like a "quick reload" with a short black screen and my own settings for the app appears on the main page. The poster wall also loads faster when you open HT. In conclusion, my own user experience is much better with this firmware, but the missing dolby vision compatibility.

Maybe they should start again from this version and add the features step by step, to be sure not to break what it's already working as it should. Dolby Vision could be the first one.

13. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

@Nice Monkey
    I think #12 of your list is somewhat underdescribed to the 3D ISO playback issues. The posts are rather scattered around the forums.

Therefor, I'm thinking about starting a dedicated thread on the subject. Hopefully, all 3D issues will be mentioned & discussed there and maybe a more detailed, confirmed & acknowledged summary of matters will appear.
    Would you say that's a good thought or do you think Zidoo is more than aware of the persistent 3D issues?

14. Nice Monkey

A good overview never harms. ;)
    See what happened with subtitle flashing after years.

Whitfield likes this.
  15. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Does someone else has the same issue related below?

- When I press the info button of the remote while playing a movie with a DTS-HD MA 5.1 soundtrack, it displays DTS-HD 7.1 in the info. The same for all the movies with DTS-HD MA 5.1 that I have tried. I even tried an old movie with a DTS-HD MA 1.0 (so in mono) and info give me a DTS-HD 3.0. Other ones in DTS or Dolby Digital are ok.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  16. Nice Monkey

Can confirm this one. Not only happens pressing Info but also when selecting the audio language. Added to the list.

17. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

Ah that's it ! I was wondering how I had old films in 7.1 but it's just 5.1 HDMA. I have the bug to.

18. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

The audio is bitstreaming to the receiver so I would always trust the receiver.

But of course Zidoo still has to fix it.

19. Vincenzo Boemi

Vincenzo Boemi New Member

BD iso o folder rip. Subtitles are ok in main movie. No subtitles available in extra. The same rip on Mac (bluray player pro) have the correct subtitle available.

20. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

In an other thread, I was talking about stuttering and freeze issues with my Dolby Vision movies. The problems occure randomly and I had no problem with the same movies when I did some test after the last firmware installation. Yesterday, I cleared the data with the option in HT4.0 settings and reinstalled my backup. The problem seemed to have disappeared after few tries with DV movies and one watched until the end. But today, the freeze issue is back in the same movie that I watched yesterday without any trouble. So, one more time I cleared the data and one more time, the issue is gone.

I suspect that there is something wrong with the cache or something like that (bookmark option?). I guess that if my files were corrupted, they would not play perfectly at first and no more 24h later.

The movies are on an internal HDD in my Z10 Pro.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021