Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Lugie

Lugie New Member

After further testing I notices something very strange regarding the streaming app problem.
    When I was using a streaming app for a few days without a problem then suddenly that streaming app got the same problem as I described before. The stream stopped playing and the screen went back to the app again. I tried to clear the cache and cleaned up the tasks but the problem was still there. Every other streaming app had the same problem.
    Since I had been using the app before I knew it wasn't something wrong with the app, so I turned my UHD3000 off and on again. After that, the app worked and also all the other ones with problems. Then after a while of testing it happened again and this time restarting my UHD3000 a second time was not helpfull anymore. But a third restart did help.

I have not found anything that is persisstent for when the problem happens, it looks more like chance. Sometimes there is no problem and sometimes there is, and then it is looks to be happening to all the streaming apps. Only after some of the restarts of my UHD3000 the streaming will start working again in the apps.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I have the same experience just using the remote control. Sometimes it reacts very badly and the next it is normal again. Looks like a rogue process taking up a lot of resources triggered by something unknown? I would like an APP that shows me which APP/Task is using which CPU/Mem resources.

3. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

Wanted to play a Sarah Vaughan DSD256 file, but this leads to stutter. Output for a few seconds, then pause and then it will play on for a few seconds etc.

This is through the music player as well as through the USB with output set to DSD: native.
    I played with output to my TV, then Yamaha receiver, then external Musical Fidelity V90 DAC, but with the same result: pauses.
    File is stored on the internal HD.

Other settings for output music in the Zidoo need to be checked.

4. Nice Monkey

@Topdude
    If you want to play DSD256 (and DSD128) then using HDMI (DSD => PCM) playback is out of the question (simply not enough resources for that). This brand new FW with USB output settings Native and DoP via USB should work but DoP is mostly better supported specifically also at high DSD rates.
    DoP just uses an PCM envelope for actual DSD transfers which has better driver compatibility.

Read the specifications of that DAC and don't see any Native/Dop DSD specified for it.
    I am pretty convinced UHD3000 will produce a far better 2CH DSD music sound anyway with your setup.

Topdude likes this.
  5. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

The Zidoo doesn't remember HDMI mode settings.
    Having it set to 23Hz, after switching 0n & off it defaults back to Auto 60p.

6. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

Tried the DoP and indeed, it plays better. However, I find the USB output quite low in volume. Already adapted input trims to my receiver, but I prefer regular output rather than USB.

The DSF files are output to 44Khz. Is this also a limitation to the device?

The 3000 would be really nice, but since I have just bought the 1000 Pro I'm afraid the 3000 is out of the question.

7. Nice Monkey

Sampling rate-control set to: Native output for both HDMI output and USB output:
    DSD 64 outputs as 176/16 bit
    DSD 128 outputs as 88/16 bit
    DSD 256 outputs at 44/16 bit.
    The reason is processing power needed for SACD DST decompression plus DSD => PCM.
    Changed problem #3a to DSD => PCM conversion outputting 16-bit instead of 24-bit as it should.

SACD DSD mastering levels are mostly substantial lower than on equivalent PCM recordings.

Topdude likes this.
  8. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

Thank you for the explanations.

Would I benefit from another DAC in my current setup in order to be able to use my 2 ch stereo setup?
    And if so, which would be a good one?

This to be considered I won't have the money to get the 3000 device now.

9. Nice Monkey

DoP via USB is included now but not via HDMI. May be hope for that one too soon?

10. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

My Z9X runs 24/7 most of the time, I noticed it yesterday but I thought I was the one who forgot to change it, this morning I did a test and The "lock resolution" option doesn't keep the selected frequency anymore when the device is restarted.

[​IMG]

it's not a big deal, but it's worth pointing it out, as Whitfield says...if we're talking about the same thing.

See you

11. Nice Monkey

Will try to reproduce and add it to this list when confirmed. Use 1080P23 on a 4K TV with having 4KP60 as its preference.

12. snapo6

snapo6 Member

Can following be added too?
    Posterwall in cover or list mode - sorting on year is not working properly; every time you move in and out from the view you get a different sorting.

13. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

It's come to my attention that sometimes the Z9X stops displaying the full content of my NFS shares. Very strange.
    Last night it only showed files starting with letters A en B. Another time it only showed the subfolders.
    A reboot did fix it.

14. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

For me Auto Framerate Switch is still not working....

15. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Me to...
    Same issue from time to time 'Auto Framerate Switch' is not working..

[​IMG]

16. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

mine is also like fiexed on 60hz initially (TV default setting I guess) I always have to switch manually (in the menu resultion is on not fixed an switch framerate only setting).

17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

+
    I've never seen this and the only way I can replicate is to switch Auto Framerate off.

So in the example above, does Alita always play in 60Hz or does that file sometimes play at 23.976?

18. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Not always Mark, some time plays in 60Hz and some time at 23.976, BUT most of the time at 60 o_O
    Most of the time i have notice this issue and in same other files UHD 4K with this fw (v6.1.05) never in 1080p files.
    In my setting i have always Auto Framerate ON

19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That really is odd behaviour - I'll send a PM rather than clutter up this thread - it'd be handy to have a couple of files off you...

20. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I've not given this more thought than just now.
    Even without this "Lock resolution" option, the Zidoo should remember the from the list chosen resolution and framerate anyways, wouldn't you agree? Even after a restart.
    So, why add this button/option in the first place? I can imagine that it's indeed intended to only keep resolution, and not the refresh-rate. In which case it would be confusing that the current setting also shows refresh-rate. Or am I missing something here?