Confirmed aggregated problems upto FW V6.4(7).42 (no feature requests)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It will play FLAC albums with 24-bit PCM if present but does not create 24-bit PCM for DSD conversion just 16-bit. Can't say it any simpler.

UAPP should see any SATA/USB attached local attached HDD. Always used an 2.5 inch USB3 as I switch it between my Zidoo and my Oppo and I like it being absolutely silent.

Never used NFS or SMB with UAPP on my media players.

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Sorry @Nice Monkey but I still do not understand what you mean. I know what files I can play - Music Player will play 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit, but I need to know what bit rate it sends out to my DAC for ultimate playback as it doesn't display this, just the sample frequencies. And what do you mean by DSD conversion - you've lost me.

3. Nice Monkey

No player or DAC can truly play 32-bit. It is useful for digital processing only. If a DAC says it does it simply means to say that the format is accepted as input and the extra 8-bits will be ignored.

The DAC displays the Sample-Rate (not the size). The bitrate is simple mathematics: Sample-Size x Sample-Rate x Number of Channels.
    No need to display that too.

For DSD read this:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...useful-stuff-for-hifi-players-playback.86336/
    Chapter-4
    When using an external USB DAC then DSD => PCM conversion does not apply (it is for HDMI only). For your setup irrelevant as that DAC supports DSD directly.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks for your explanations @Nice Monkey but you are avoiding the main issue of, in particular, the issues of 3a. Let's not discuss the ins and outs of hifi sound reproduction; instead focus on the issues you have reported. One by one please state categorically which have been sorted and which ones have not. I know what the DAC reports, or more importantly what it does not. I am focusing on the current faults of the Zidoo and precisely what still needs to be fixed. So one by one, can you list the points in 3a and state whether fixed or not.

Then as the apparent senior audio member, state what you propose to say to Zidoo and when please.

Thank you

5. Nice Monkey

Updated #14 SMB problems and tagged it as a Hot-Item. Details to be found here:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...using-smb-connection.88272/page-2#post-152865

@rozel
    Everything on my list not being green is not solved including #3a.
    Updated #3a to say PCM via HDMI specifically.

I am just another customer but indeed focusing a bit more on the audio side. My only way of reporting to Zidoo runs via my contributions on this forum. So you can see them all yourself.
    I am pretty convinced Zidoo reads these carefully as I occasionally see tailored fixes matching some of my contributions. Priority and timing is 100% up to the Zidoo staff and engineers.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you @Nice Monkey , I really appreciate that response: -

"Everything on my list not being green is not solved including #3a.
    Updated #3a to say PCM via HDMI specifically."

That is all I needed to know.

For now I'm going to explore again, UAPP on my Android Tablet, as a means to play my music files - I did before, from my NAS, but now I'd like to play them from my Zidoo's internal HDD.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Just managed to adjust the details I had inserted under "Network" in UAPP - I had enetered back slashes instead of forward ones and not inserted the "default credentials" correctly - doh!

Now UAPP can see my Zidoo's internal HDD, folders and music files no problemo! I shall be testing out after lunch :)

8. Mentor27

Mentor27 Member

Witaj!

Czy możesz sprawdzić, czy pliki 192/24 przez HDMI są odtwarzane poprawnie?
    Na mnie to nie działa i bardzo mnie irytuje. Nie zawsze mam ochotę przesiadać się na przetwornik cyfrowo-analogowy.

Oprogramowanie sprzętowe Zidoo UHD3000 6.3.2

9. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Hi Nice Monkey, can you add these problems to the list too? I have already submitted it to Zidoo Support:

This happens when you start playback after the pause.
    If HDMI Audio -> AVR (only UHD3000) then sound starts approx. 3,5 seconds later with DTS, DD, Atmos soundtracks. Stereo, DTS HD and DTS:X starts immediately with video.

If HDMI Main -> AVR (testet on UHD3000) then sound starts approx. 1.5 seconds later with DTS, DD, Atmos soundtracks. Stereo, DTS HD and DTS:X starts immediately with video.

Mentor27 likes this.
  10. Nice Monkey

Will update after the next FW again. Out of sync audio is on the agenda as far as I know.

11. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Not really a problem, but annoying: Zidoo doesn't seem to remember "Grid View" in Viewport settings. After a reboot it defaults back to List View..

12. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

important, it is not about synchronization video <-> sound. The point is that the sound comes immediately after pause - play with certain formats, with others a little later. But the sound is in sync.

13. Nice Monkey

That is in the area of nuisance problems for this list. Good to mention it though. They read very well here.

Please help me testing FW 6.3.12 as there are various entries in the log addressing items on the list.
    I need somebody with an AMP displaying the PCM sample-size for instance as a confirmation and language specific items. Also SMB needs to be re-checked.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  14. Nice Monkey

Tested a MCH SACD ISO playback with 2CH DSD using the DAC with a SMB transfer in the background (to a second HDD).
    No problems with that. Also playing via HDMI with DSD => PCM under those conditions worked fine. To be confirmed by others.
    Items 3 and 3a are candidates for green accordingly.

15. Nice Monkey

Tried with latest FW and it sticks in Grid view. ;)

16. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Good to hear! Haven't tried it out yet as it's early hours. Thanks for the heads-up, Nice Monkey

17. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

@Nice Monkey
    V 6.3.12
    Problems with delayed sound start after the pause is still there, You can complete your list with this problem.
    SMB: Gemini Man ISO Played for 20 minutes, great picture, no problems. Saving to internal HDD via SMB with approx. 100 MB / s.

It is much more translated into German, but still far from everything.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  18. Nice Monkey

You set audio to German as a preference? Try with Auto.

19. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

No, audio is set to Auto, the operating system language is set to German.

20. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Native Player:

The bug if you set audio and subtitle to fixed language is still present in 6.3.12

Movie or series starts then pic freezes after 4-7 seconds audio starts from beginning, pic resumes at freeze point when audio reaches it.

Manual switch of audio or subtitle gives no delay (maybe 0.5 sec). I consider it a BUG since the player seems to load seetings from the quich settings menu all the time it starts a movie.........Of course manual switch is a neat workaround but not what the quick menu setting is reflecting, For a movie it doens't really matter since it normally starts with the opening credits but for series which start immediately it sucks........

Subtitles bug for .sub + .idx files also still present in native player (only around 70%are displayed) not existent in ZDMC or Kodi or any non native player, also sucks still, but I use .srt for almost all of my movies now.........or mkv embedded subtitle files.