Compression (GUI) 2.35:1 and Trailers... It's annoying.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, May 23, 2023.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

Do you know how to stop Posterwall from switching to 16:9 format during the playback of a movie trailer when the compression mode (GUI) is used with the 2.35:1 format ?

I can't find a setting for this.

Its annoying that Posterwall keeps going back to 16:9 and after the trailer finishes it goes back to the compressed GUI mode...

Thanks in advanced

OlivierQC

2. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I assume that this could be because Zidoo uses a different player for trailers (DVD player as of latest firmware, instead of the old Nuplayer, I believe) as opposed to the GUI and actual movies using the Zidoo player??

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not sure what you mean - that doesn't happen here - when playing a trailer, everything stays compressed in the 2.35:1 frame.

This happens in both compression modes because they both affect the GUI.

4. OlivierQC

I'll make a video tomorrow

5. OlivierQC

6. Markswift2003

7. Markswift2003

But why would you use 2.35 mode on a 16:9 TV??

That's meant for 2.35:1 screens...

8. OlivierQC

I made this video to show what happens to a user who has this problem although he has a projector with a 2.35:1 projection screen.

If I understand correctly, you also have a 2.35:1 screen and you have no problems?

Do your options correspond to the one visible at the beginning of my video?

Thanks in advance

9. Markswift2003

I have a multi aspect screen so no need to use compression but I tested it yesterday and it didn’t do that!

Yes, options are the same.

10. OlivierQC

Ok thanks,

I will suggest to the person if he wants to come and participate in this forum to talk about his problem.

-----------

Stupid question,

Could it be that you use local trailers and I use online trailers or does it have nothing to do with that ?

11. Stylin

Stylin New Member

Hi, I'm the user with the issue. I was able to watch your video and what you showing was exactly what I don't want to happen. Once the trailer starts/auto plays, the poster wall stretches.

This takes my picture out of the 2:35.1 and makes it stretch. Is this something I can stop.

Also I started using local trailers because the other ones don't play. It just says trailer is not available. Is there a way to get the regular trailers to work as well?

I'm using the zidoo pro 1000.

Thanks in advance to everyone who helped .

12. Stylin

Stylin New Member

In the video he posted, this is exactly what happens to me and I am using a screen not a TV. I don't want the zidoo to do that.

13. Markswift2003

As I say, that doesn't happen here so I think it's some auto aspect thing triggering in the display when video plays, not the Zidoo, otherwise mine would do it too.

https://streamable.com/jx357z

14. Stylin

Stylin New Member

Thanks, you are giving me hope . Would you mind sharing your settings

15. Markswift2003

Not a stupid question at all, but I don't think so.

16. Markswift2003

The only relevant setting is the Screen Ratio setting - nothing else would have a bearing.

I tend to use the settings in the Recommended settings thread, but I change things a lot for testing.