Cinavia

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Gonzalo Bouzas, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Hi I was watching At Eternity's Gate BD ISO and suddenly appeared a cinavia's message. How can I disable it?

Thanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's really odd! None of these media players are required to have Cinavia detection, so they don't!

Only licenced BluRay players are required to have it.. That message must be burned into the video in the file - try playing it on a PC media player (MPC-HC for example) and see if it still shows up...

I assume the audio did not mute and playback didn't stop...

Which code was it?

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Seen a few examples too.

Media players don't have Cinavia implemented and won't detect it as such. But the Cinavia message itself is just another piece of movie and will be played if part of the playlist. Normally one can just forward beyond that point. As the Cinavia message in fact adds length to the playlist it is most likely the longest playlist and will be selected for direct playback. Using BD Menu one may get the correct playlist but even that is not a guarantee. Cinavia detection works two ways: Stop audio if illegal, skip message if legal via seamless branching. Ignoring it hence may cause side effects.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  4. Markswift2003

It's my understanding that when triggered by the audio watermark (mismatch of AACS etc) the Cinavia messages are system generated and not called from an MPLS file. The message can either be overlayed on screen or on the front panel depending on the player.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You are right for most Cinavia implementations but I have seen both methods being used. That is why some regular (old) disc BD-players may occasionally also have problems with Cinavia messaging using playlists. A reason which reduced the popularity putting on Cinavia via that method (buyers complaints).

Seen also examples where somebody was so nice to edit the BD menu's and playlists to remove the Cinavia messaging.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  6. Markswift2003

I wasn't aware Cinavia messages were ever playlist generated - it'd be very interesting to have a look at the ISO mentioned above to see how the messages are called.