Child Lock - is it broken or am I missing something ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by insanerob, Sep 26, 2019.

1. insanerob

insanerob New Member

Hi, first post, please be gentle :)

I cant find any instructions around using the child lock so I've been trying to figure it out but I'm either missing something or it doesn't make sense. If someone could explain what I'm doing wrong that would be awesome :)

I've setup the pin, ratings , and have the lock open in the HT2 settings. All the adult movies show a padlock and the childrens don't and if I go into the childrens section I can only see the movies without a padlock. So far all looks good but I can't seem to restrict access to the 'all' section that shows all the movies. If I click on one with a padlock it asks for a pin as expected but I can hold down the ok button on the movie to bring up the menu then press the unlock for children option. The padlock disappears and then I can watch the once adult movie without ever needing a pin. Am I missing something, is there a way of hiding all but the children section or something or is being able to unlock for children without using the pin a bug. Interestingly holding down ok button to bring up the menu on a childrens movie asks for a PIN which seems backwards ?

Any help would be appreciated :)

rOb

2. insanerob

insanerob New Member

Seems just removing the source , re-adding and letting it scan again fixed the issue. When I first did the child lock everything ended up the wrong way round, everything below the age limit was locked and everything above unlocked. I had manually changed them all round but I had the problem described above. Anyway, remove , add again , scan again .. All good :D

rOb