Change frame rate in menu?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Aksfatalis, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Aksfatalis

Aksfatalis New Member

Hello,

I really like my Zidoo X9S but there is one thing that bothers me the most:
    It seems that the main menu of the Zidoo player (and also the menu of the "HomeTheatre" app) is displayed in 60fps. Unfortunately, in combination with my JVC projector (model "JVS X5900"), this results in a long handshake between Zidoo and JVC every time a movie/clip is played. Then I have no picture for about 10 seconds, which makes playing several short clips in a row impossible.
    As far as I know, this is due to the different frame rates between the movie and the main menu.

Is there anywhere to set that the menu is also only played in 1080P and 24 Hz?
    Or is there another workaround?
    Thanks a lot!

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, just set <Settings/Display/HDMI mode> to the most used mode - if you're using 1080p content then that is most likely "1080p 23Hz" (23.976fps)

3. Aksfatalis

Aksfatalis New Member

Hey Mark, thanks for the answer. I will try that - but what will the MediaPlayer then do if i start a 4K movie? Will it be downscaled?
    As I can see you also have a Zidoo / JVC combination, how do you deal with the sync problem?

4. Markswift2003

If you start a 4K movie and have auto resolution and auto frame rate set then it will change resolution.

I use mostly 4K23 HDR content, so I have my GUI set to 4K23 but the Z9X has much more advanced HDR (and DV) settings so I use LLDV fulltime.

I assume from what you said that most of your content is SDR 1080p23 so this is how I would do that:

Zidoo X9S
    =========

Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Switch frame rate and resolution

Display/HDMI Mode: 1080p 23Hz
    Display/HDR: On*
    Display/Advanced settings/Deep Color Mode: 10-bit**
    Display/Advanced settings/Color Space Mode: YCbCr 444**
    Display/Advanced settings/HDMI Range Mode: 16-235**

Audio/HDMI Audio: Auto
    Audio/Downmix HD Audio output: OFF

* This should really be labelled as HDR <Auto>
    ** Personal Preference - Auto works fine too.

This would mean you should not see resyncs for 1080p23 SDR material.

5. Aksfatalis

Aksfatalis New Member

Hey Mark, thanks for clarification! I will have a deeper look into this and the settings over the weekend :)
    Most of my movies are FullHD, but some - and also the ones from streaming services are 4K ( it is 80:20 I'd say).

Another question: is it possible to create a playlist of movie files in the Zidoo Player or do I need to install Kodi or something?

6. Markswift2003

No, HT doesn't do playlists - you could install ZDMC, Zidoo's own Kodi wrapper using the Zidoo player, which although not officially supported is still being updated and still works very well:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/release_apk.html

7. Aksfatalis

Aksfatalis New Member

Meanwhile I have been testing a bit with ZDMC and the „Cinemavision“ addon but it seems as if this addon does not really work well with the internal Player of the Zidoo.

So I will stick to normal playlists then, but: I have tried some skins for the ZDMC but I cannot find a simple video-playlist-by-file feature anywhere :/ Do i need a certain addon for this?