CEC Function Not Working

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by paresh, Sep 26, 2022.

1. paresh

paresh Member

Hi!, I own a Yamaha RX-V683 receiver and everything was working fine until a day came and I had to replace the motherboard with a new one, everything else except for the CEC function (via HDMI Cable, there has been no changes in the setup and the devices attached to the receiver after the replacement of the motherboard) are working just fine. I've tried all the possible settings in Zidoo Z9x, receiver and the TV but all in vain. Moreover, my Samsung UHD TV has stopped recognizing the receiver too, although the receiver and TV's settings shown are correct. I am also aware I might get a response like, the problem is in the receiver but then the motherboard replaced is brand new, imported and istalled by Yamaha authorised service center and they are perplexed too. The latest firmware version 2.87 of the receiver is installed too.
    All I'm seeeking now is a learned person's advice to help me out of this predicament, if possible? Thanks.:(:(

2. stephen0804

stephen0804 New Member

it's probably not working because your receiver is not being recognised by the UHD TV, CEC can be very finicky it's not very well implemented.
    i think you need to re-establish the link between the receiver and the TV,
    I would try unplugging the HDMI from your UHD TV(the one that connects to the receiver) then turn off the receiver, then plug the HDMI back in, and then turn the receiver back on.

occasionally i have a similar issue and with every other TV I've had, a full power cycle(unplugging from the wall) would reset the CEC link for the connected HDMI Devices...
    but no, Samsung in there infinite wisdom have to have it so that you have to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI in order for the TV to forget the device and re-establish the link.

i hope this helps you.
    Good luck,

3. paresh

paresh Member

@stephen0804 thank you for your prompt reply but prior to posting my thread I had tried the same workaround without any success. Moreover, like I had mentioned in my query, everything was working absolutely fine till the time my receiver's old motherboard was replaced with the new one. My TV stopped recognizing the receiver after the replacement. Also, my TV recognizes Z9x when plugged in directly into the TV's HDMI input. Thanks once again for your invaluable advice. Take care & stay safe.