Cast from mobile

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by SKApretto71, Nov 17, 2016.

1. SKApretto71

SKApretto71 New Member

Hi,
    to Cast some content from Mobile or PC do I need to have a specific application running, of it's just needed that the X9S and the TV are switched on?

E.g. I switch it on, I switch on the TV, I touch nothing on remote control but I start a Cast from my mobile YouTube application to the TV... will it work, or I need for to "turn on" Cast request listening protocol via some application?

Example would be on my Playstation, I do need to first turn on Spotify and then I can remotely control it via Spotify Connect... is Cast something similar?

I'm new to Android, beg on me on basic questions.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you can cast to kodi/zdmc troug UPNP. depends on what you want to cast and from where.
    cast youtoube to kodi/zdmc : there is a pluggin named play to kodi
    cast videos from phone. : use kodi official remote ( click " share " on video. hit kodi remote )

there is also cast directly to the box ( named happycast) with any UPNP casting app ( like allcast ) .happycast runs in the background, but its a little buggy. but casting directly to kodi/zdmc always work and kodi remote is good..

3. ZeroCool

ZeroCool New Member

You can use HappyCast( Already Installed but need to be upgrade first) from Airplay Device like iPhone iPad (youtube)...

Miracast (installed) for Android Device