Can't Preset z9s to 4K23Hz When Connected to my System

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by cappy1, Jul 27, 2020.

1. cappy1

cappy1 Member

This thread is a continuance of a discussion started on "New firmware v2.3.33 Beta version for ZIDOO Z9S release".

Issue in a nutshell:
    · Zidoo>Lumagen>Sony projector. Zidoo will NOT Preset to 4K23Hz
    · Oppo 203>Lumagen>Sony projector. Oppo presets OK
    · Zidoo>Sony projector. Zidoo presets OK
    · Zidoo>Lumagen> Samsung HDTV. Zidoo presets OK

Thanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok, try this:

Zidoo > Vertex2 > Lumagen > Projector

On the Vertex EDID tab select the CUSTOM radio button and select EDID 11 for the input the Zidoo is connected to...

3. cappy1

cappy1 Member

OK, this may take a few minutes since I disconnected the Vertex2.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  4. cappy1

cappy1 Member

5. Markswift2003

OK, as in OK it works?

6. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Yes, working with video playing. Set to EDID 11.

7. Markswift2003

8. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Yes, 4K23.

9. Markswift2003

Cool - ok, that seems to indicate that the issue is with the EDID that the Lumagen is presenting to the Zidoo as I thought..

Can you save the Lumagen EDID and post it (you may need to zip it).

On the EDID page, assuming the Lumagen is connected to TX0, click the "TX0 EDID" button below "Download Active EDID Tables" while the Lumagen and projector are switched on.

Capture.JPG

cappy1 likes this.
  10. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Here is file:

Attached Files:

11. Markswift2003

Two more things to try:

Zidoo > Vertex2 > Lumagen > Projector with the Vertex on the Projector's EDID as Ken had you do.

Zidoo > Lumagen > Vertex2 > Projector with the Vertex on EDID 11

I think it's something bizarre to do with the Sony EDID and how the Lumagen passes it that's specific to the Zidoo.

A quick cursory look at the EDID and nothing jumps out though - both (Lumagen & EDID 11) support the same 4K VICs - can't see anything that would preclude 4K23 - although oddly the Lumagen one doesn't advertise 2K30 (VIC 30) ...

12. cappy1

cappy1 Member

I will download TX0 for each I assume.

13. Markswift2003

Just for the second case, Zidoo > Lumagen > Vertex2 > Projector...

14. cappy1

cappy1 Member

15. cappy1

cappy1 Member

OK, here is TXo with Vertex2 between Lumagen and projector with EDID 11 setting.
    Please note: the video is unstable, with either no video or momentary. I had this with Ken and could not resolve. I even pulled the Zidoo and Lumagen from rack for him, so I could connect with 6' HDMI certified cables between each device. The same cable work with Vertex2 before Lumagen.

Attached Files:

16. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Update: The last TX0 I sent was at 4k60 since I couldn't get movie started with all the dropouts. This time I was able to select and play movie at 4K23 AND it is picture is stable when actually playing movie! Lower freq. In any event, here is the new TXo from projector with EDID 11.

Attached Files:

17. Markswift2003

Right - it's starting to make a little bit of sense now... sort of..

I'll have a look at that EDID tomorrow and compare - it's getting late here now ;)

18. Markswift2003

Just a couple of quick questions before I go:

1. Did you try Zidoo > Vertex2 > Lumagen > Projector with the Vertex loaded with the Projector's EDID into a custom slot (1-10)?

2. If the above works, can you power cycle the Zidoo and retain 4K23?

3. Again with Zidoo > Vertex2 > Lumagen > Projector, but with EDID 11 loaded, can you power cycle the Zidoo and retain 4K23?

19. cappy1

cappy1 Member

1. & 2. Yes, this is what I did with Ken. I went back and did this again tonight, since I temporarily had no dropouts with Vertex2 TX0 out to projector & still could not preset 4K23. Here is procedure:

a. Lumagen>Vertex2 TX0 out to projector
    b. EDID page, Select COPY TX0 SINK
    c. Click SAVE (Save Active EDID to CUSTOM EDID 10)
    d. Click CUSTOM and EDID 10
    e. Then connect Zidoo> Vertex2 TX0 out to Lumagen and try to preset 4K23

3. Changed to EDID 11 and still can’t preset 4k23. I already tried this last week per your suggestion.

Sorry this has become a pain. Thanks again for your help.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  20. Markswift2003

Not a pain at all - it's interesting!

So first thing, there's nothing unusual in the Sony EDID either, although I wouldn't expect there to be (there are a couple of VICs not advertised, but they are 720x480 60Hz & 720x576 50Hz so not relevant here.

You have me confused again though.

At the top of this thread we tried Zidoo > Vertex2 > Lumagen > Projector with EDID 11 and you said it was OK at 4K23.

In your last post above you say it isn't...?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020