Can't Play .ISO Files

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Eldon Doucet, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Eldon Doucet

Eldon Doucet New Member

I have search this forum and can't find any answers -

I can't play any .iso files. I've created a few of them using Burnaware Free (which creates iso files and removes protection).
    I've created a test directory on my file server and Zidoo finds the file and matches it. When I 'play' it, it goes to a black screen for a little while then comes back. Any .iso file I try does the same thing. Please help.

Zidoo Z1000 Pro running latest beta firmware

2. boolian

boolian Member

It's probably an incompatibility with "Burnaware Free" somehow. ISOs work for me. I would try using MakeMKV to do a Backup (BDMV folder) of the disc and then use ImgBurn to convert the BDMV folder to an ISO.

Phil181 likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Confirmed. Works for me too with any DVD/BD/UHD-BD folder converted to ISO.

4. Eldon Doucet

Eldon Doucet New Member

Thank you - I will. And it seems only 4K movies having this issue. I'll let you know.

And it worked. ImgBurn works - Burnaware doesn't

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    boolian likes this.
  5. GeoZi

GeoZi New Member

Hi. I just bougt it and have problem with ISO file menu, actually all MENU contained files 1080 and 4k too. It starts 3-4 ssec later(??? even MKV files. Saw in settings have to adjust delay by "0", forgot name) and stops at some warnings or preview, skips preview to another one and later plays it and then freezes.
    Converted 4k full folder by Imageburn and 1080p was made by DVDFAB, same problem on all.
    So i can't blame ISO files itself, something is wrong in default settings or adjustments has to be made. Maube you can point?
    Thanks.
    Why guys don't make one full video tutorial on settings so make all customers happy and have more members at forum?