Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by martyn aisbitt, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Ma esiste un modo per tornare indietro ad un firmware precedente ? Se si potreste dire come ?

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  2. Majic t

Majic t New Member

These are firmware issues that can and should be fixed. Wether they will is another matter. The beelink gs1 which run on the same chipset doesn’t have these issues, it’s not acceptable!
    I tink no buy Zidoo anymore

sunnyk likes this.
  3. sunnyk

sunnyk New Member

they aren't very keen on fixing the issues, 3 (or 4?) firmwares out and they fix some issues and screw up which were working fine! last box ever from this company! OTA is just another mktg gimmick!

4. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

I will add one that is very important to me:
    Samba browse errors. This never worked on Zidoo H6. We had a ton of promises, but it never worked
    As a result, I was never able to test the internal player, since all my video files are stored on NAS

5. dipper_cat

dipper_cat Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

If you can't find your samba device, you can set "precise scan" in the media center to find your device again

6. dipper_cat

Sorry for the delay in releasing the new firmware. We are trying to resolve these issues as much as possible before releasing it.

Kris likes this.
  7. baro

baro New Member

Samba has never worked! I can find my devices by Samba but can not connect. I always get "Incorrect user name or password" error. Both my user name & pass are correct, cuz I'm using them on another devices.

8. dipper_cat

I recommend that you use accurate scanning to rescan Samba devices or clear the data in Media Center. You cannot log in successfully because the application may have saved old data

9. baro

baro New Member

I did the precision scan and Media centre data clearing too. H6 Pro 6 recovers all my NAS devices again correctly. My problem is that I can not log into them.
    Does not accept my user name and password, giving me errors again and again…
    Are there any special characters / numbers I should use when I'm trying to log in?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  10. 720p

720p Member Beta test group

I can see my device and it's shares, but when I try to browse it I get an "Unknown Error"
    I can browse my shares in ES Explorer or Kodi on the same machine, only your Media Center application has this issue
    The issue was supposed to be fixed in .28 firmware, but it is not

11. gleb55555

gleb55555 New Member

Hi Everybody ! ...
    I'm just bought this H6 Pro box and updated to 1.0.28 firmware.
    I'm very disappointed.
    I didn't get what I want from this tv box.
    Video playback is awful! ...
    I tried different players:

Media Center (embedded player) - plays video with interruptions that happens each second !! .. Cannot watch fims at all.
    Kodi - the video playback isn't smooth, very hard to watch videos.
    MX player - the video playback isn't smooth (better than Kodi, but still not good), the video gets slow each constant period of time.
    VLC - no sound at all !!! ...
    Archos player - playback is the same as in Kodi.
    Youtube (both regular and for tv) - playback is the same as in MX player.

Please fix playback issues in the nearest firmware release !! ..
    I cannot watch films on it !!! (I bought it because I want watch films on it).

Other issues (besides playback issues that should get maximum priority):
    1. TV box doesn't get frimware updates over internet connection !!! I had to download the firmware to local drive and update the box manually.
    2. Few times I couldn't turn ON the box via remote control .. so I had to turn the power off and then turn it on.
    3. Sound level that gets from the box is low ... so I had to increse the sound on my TV too much to hear the video sound.
    4. Media Center doesn't support DLNA (only SMB and NFS).

My hardware configuration:
    TV - LG 42LE5300 (2010 year).
    Zidoo H6 Pro connected by HDMI to TV.
    Screen resolution is 1080P 60 HZ.
    Video films are located on external HDD connected to my router (Zyxel Keenetic Giga III) via USB 3.0, the router exposes 2 kind of connections to HDD - SMB and DLNA, I tried both where possible.
    Zidoo H6 Pro connected to the local network via Wifi 802.11 ac.
    Films are full hd videos encoded via divx/xvid/h.264 codecs.

Notice, my 2nd TV 4K Sony KDL-43W809C doesn't have such playback issues.

Zidoo support, let me know if you need logs (ot other info) from tv box to fix all these issues.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  12. Hpito

Hpito New Member

A gigantic issue: GPU is not installed! Everybody, pls run GFX bench and see the "results". A good hardware without proper configuration is a piece of junk!

13. Petar Zencovich

Petar Zencovich New Member

Sound cuts off for a few seconds every 5 minutes or so while paying mkv files from a LOCAL hard drive (USB 3) that have either ATMOS, DTS X or 7.1 channels. VERY FRUSTRATING!

14. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

Thats mad.Mine plays everything perfectly reguarding the issues that you have.I don't understand how this is possible when using the same unit and firmware.What the hell is going on.

15. Petar Zencovich

No way Andy??? Is that so? On what version you're on 1.0.25 or 1.0.28? And you are using the media player from zidoo and playing mkv files with atmos and you can verify that you're Avr is outputting Atmos with no hickups?

16. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

Hello mate,have not got an Atmos setup yet but I can comfirm 7.1 sound Dolby and DTS HD work no problems with MKV files using 1.0.25.I won't 'upgrade' to .28.This is with Media Player using 6TB USB 3.0 Hard Drives.

17. Petar Zencovich

Well if that is the case Andy...I'll rollback to 1.0.25 tonight...see what happens...thanks a lot bud!!!

18. Petar Zencovich

Well guess what Andy, installed an 1.0.25 IMG yesterday, same thing, sound cuts off...now I wonder if the box is not defective, an if it is...what a drag to return it...

19. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

Something to try first,on my box I have deleted most of the Apps,Google play etc leaving a bare box.Hate to rub it in mate,it plays without judder or other nasties like sound dropouts on both 1080p and 2160p.I do hope you can sought the box out because at the moment I love love the thing.

20. Codruț

Codruț New Member

Now even youtube wont let me anymore to select 1440p in 4k videos.I have tryed everything, reset box, flash 1.0.25 image firmware, reinstall youtube app, install older youtube app, install youtube for tv, and the culprit is vp9 stream in youtube cant be played anymore.Zidoo say its 2k youtube compatible.Its not anymore.Pi_ _e of s_ _t box, its pain in ass.No kodi 4k, no youtube 2k (anymore, because it use to work until few days ago, and out of the blue, no 1440 p option anymore).Shame on Zidoo, they rip off our money with false advertising. Stay away from this box, only problems reported all over the forum. Zidoo H6 pro is crap, the developers cant keep up with firmware. And firmware 1.0.28 its an joke, the box heat itself real bad, the movies crash or freeze without warning. i am going to buy in a few days an nvidia shield and forget this paper weight Zidoo box.Maybe i m going to give the box to an enemy. F.Y. Zidoo!!!!