Broadcast live video from HDMI IN to PCs and Android devices on the same local network

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Mike Wahab, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Mike Wahab

Mike Wahab New Member

How to broadcast live video from HDMI of Zidoo X9S to PCs and Android devices on the same local network.
    I used Broadcast Mode: Unicast with IP address equals to the local IP address of the Zidoo X9S. Then I used VLC on my PC and my Android phone on the same network in order to stream.
    This approach did not work. Can any body to help. Thanks.

2. dferregu

dferregu Member

+1
    Same problem, please a little manual with the 3 UDP modes should be great
    1) Unicast, 2)broadcast, 3)multicast
    When use every option and how...
    Best regards

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

5. dferregu

dferregu Member

Yes, true, good review but do not solve our questions. Any specific manual please?

6. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I'm doing some tests.
    I successfully done Broadcast and Unicast streaming, but I need to study better Multicast mode.
    The key is to choose the right IP address.

7. Mike Wahab

Mike Wahab New Member

Please ,PacoRanne, would you post the numbers of your successful tests to stream with Broadcast mode and
    Unicast mode (e.g. IP address of the used router, IP address used in HDMI IN, Output udp).
    I tried to broadcast to a PC and to an Android device using Multicast as in the review (link). I just got kind of
    scrambled video.
    I thing there is something wrong with the software of Broadcast in HDMI In. More work is to be done on the
    firmware. I hope the problem is to be solved in the coming firmware upgrade in the near future.

8. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I stream unicast very well, but for broadcast and multicast it is not possible. Multicast not work on wifi only on lan, broadcast you must lower the bitrate at minimum with bad quality. With my X9 I can unicast at 20M to my PC but X9S is limit to 10M. At 20M the stream is equal to my Tv provider. All streaming is done buy your router and you must find best settings for it. On my Trendnet AC1750 with DD-WRT it was not working until all devices IP where reserved by MAC. Google multicast for your router.

9. dferregu

dferregu Member

When i use VLC and add this command "udp://@239.0.0.1:7878" it do not work. ¿Do I need to include "@"??

Please, any dummy or basic manual should be great

10. Sarco

May I suggest to try unicast at first, if this work you could try broadcast and multicast. Check the IP of your computer you want to watch the stream take note. In HDMI IN select broadcast unicast and input the computer IP you note and choose a port (I use 1234). Go back to your computer and input in VLC udp://@192.168.x.x:1234

Note:

1- Danman streamer work with ffmpeg so I install ffmpeg on my computer and make sure VLC use it.
    2- To open in kodi you can create a .strm file or a m3u file

irfan65 likes this.
  11. Mike Wahab

Mike Wahab New Member

Yes. You need to include "@" in the VLC input.

12. Mike Wahab

Mike Wahab New Member

Thank you very much. I succeeded to uunicast from Zidoo X9S to a PC on the same local network. I have to use the local IP address in both HDMI IN (in Zidoo X9S)
    and in VLC (on the PC).
    The picture was not clear when I used uunicast to broadcast from Zidoo X9S to an Android device on the same local network and used the local IP address of the Android device in both HDMI IN (in Zidoo X9S) and in VLC app (on the Android device). I need to use a different udp streaming app instead. Any suggestion?

13. Sarco

I use kodi, make a m3u file and add simple iptv client in kodi. More simple is to create .strm file (note that address in .strm do not use @) then in kodi video add file point to folder contening the .strm file. To create .strm simply add file with explorer name it tv.strm then edit and put line

udp://192.168.x.x:1234 (the ip and port. No @ in .strm)

Edit: you can also open .strm directly file with kodi. Click to open .strm file choose video then kodi.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    irfan65 likes this.
  14. Sarco

The two method of watching stream in kodi, .strm and m3u (simple iptv client) are different. For example watch .strm offer few option for video but iptv give you more option like contrast brightness zoom etc.

irfan65 likes this.
  15. PacoRabanne

Done few tests, broadcast some days ago (ony for curiosity, broadcast is a bad way do stream contents, make problems to the whole network), and my first unicast was bad, with audio very out of sync. But after a change of the HDMI cable between HDMI sender and X9S, all was perfect, smooth, and sinced. Left for a whole TV episode sending, and doing other meanwhile.
    But now is not something I need.
    When I have some really spare time I'll study a bit more Multicast, to do some more test.
    If someone other skilled enough in networking and streaming will do other tests and post a small manual, is welcome!

irfan65 likes this.
  16. Mike Wahab

Mike Wahab New Member

Use the app "VLC for Android beta" insted of the app "VLC for Android". Unicast will work to stream live video from Zidoo S9X to an Android devceon the same local network.

17. dferregu

dferregu Member

STREAMING WITH UNICAST MODE:

Dear friends (sarco and pacorabanne), thank you for your help.
    I tested UNICAST streaming and it works inside the same lan network
    Here it is my configuration to help people to do the same and work at first try.

1rst:
    On Windows10 Computer: (this computer will recieve the zidooX9S streming video)
    MANUAL Ethernet IP: 192.168.1.35
    Subnet: 255.255.255.000
    Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    DNS: 8.8.8.8

2ond:
    On ZidooX9S (ZidooX9S will send streming video only to 1 IP computer on the same lan)
    MANUAL Ethernet IP: 192.168.1.75
    Subnet: 255.255.255.000
    Output mode: Broadcast
    Broadcast mode: Unicast
    IP: 192.168.1.35 Port: 7879
    Start Broadcast
    (with this configuration, zidoo will broadcast only to the computer with 192.168.1.35 and using the port 7879)

3rd:
    On Windows10 Computer start VLC media Player
    Open lan source and type
    udp://@192.168.1.35:7879

With the default video quality resolution: auto, framerate: auto, bitrate: 10M the video is perfect but the local network is very saturated. If you do not need to use the lan, then the video is perfect and you will enjoy the straming. If you need the lan, then i recomend you to change the values...

Next step is to send the video outside the home lan network. ¿Can you help me how to send the streaming video to internet? I need to send the video to my second residence.

Thank you in advance
    best regards.
    David

18. PacoRabanne

Sorry, unable to help you (right now) in this very challenging case.
    If anyone, even with another device, was able to do this, their explanation will be useful!

19. dferregu

dferregu Member

Update.
    This is how i see the streaming video.
    [​IMG]
    There is great pixelation.
    I have a 1Gbps LAN wired!! no wireless. I do not understand the reason of the pixelation.
    BITRATE IS 4M IN MP4. (see that I can not test TS at 10M because the video is worst)
    Audio is OK.
    best regards

20. Sarco