Black screen 10 bits

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Gonzalo Bouzas, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

After factory reset, no change at all ...

2. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Tried several movies, a few mins into each movie the player hangs, movie freezes to a pause, player is unresponsive to all remote commands, needs to be switched off at the back or mains to restart.

The box is not useable.

New beta firmware is worse than the previous firmware. At least before on the previous firmware any movie would play but with random blank screens, but now any movie I try the player just hangs.

Also movies with DTS-X soundtrack I get sound stutter as soon as I hit play but if I pause and replay sound becomes stable, but after couple of mins player just hangs.

Sorry bad news guys, this firmware is a total fail. I guess I’ll have to wait for the next firmware.

Did a factory reset, made no difference.

gymnos likes this.
  3. x9suser

x9suser Member

I think black screen problem is solved for my Samsung KS 7000. No black screen last 45 min watching Logan 4k hdr 23hz (yuv444/10 bit bt2020). My connection is directly to TV.

4. Ovidiu Necula

Ovidiu Necula Member

Same bere, any dts soundtrack it will stutter after few minutes and pause/start movie, sound will return normally for another few minutes. They removed the firmware....

5. gymnos

gymnos Member

Flash the unit and install the version 2.1.30, it is the best option right now.

Cheers.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Watched Mortal Engines last night with UHD HDR Atmos. Worked without problems when SATA attached (audio dropouts via USB3). Changing to other audio tracks it works also via USB3. Have all HDMI Video settings on Auto. But have seen the unresponsive to all remote commands lock up playing around with music.

7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

OK,We'll buy a yamaha rx-v485 for test. In fact, we also bought the Samsung KS7300. It took us two months. You know, it's not easy to buy this model in China.

8. x9suser

x9suser Member

Is the Z9S (1296) so different from the X9S (1295) ? How come the X9S don't have these problems that require the purchase of these equipments to test?

Btw, isn't the Yamaha rxv-485 a very old AVR. Are you sure you can still find it? I don't think it even have 4k HDMI pass through.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  9. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Perhaps x9s is ‘better’ product... :p
    Be patient people, it’s took almost 2 years for Zidoo to make x9s ‘good player’ AND it has many thinks to take care until now

10. x9suser

x9suser Member

That's why they should make use of the years of experience and knowledge of fixing the X9S to apply solutions for the Z9S.

11. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

Hello, tks.
    I'll try tonight with direct link to the projector, to validate that point.

12. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Thanks. Do you confirm rx-v485 support HDMI 2.0a? Have you enable the HDMI enhancement option?

13. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Just out of curiosity, do Zidoo have a Denon AVR or a LG OLED TV for testing?

Will wait patiently for the next firmware update.

14. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

Hello,

Yes i'm in HDMI mode 1 , rx-v485 support hdmi 2.0a

upload_2019-4-1_10-59-54.png upload_2019-4-1_10-59-54.png

15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@mirror
    I have the feeling Android is mixing up USB ports with FW 2.2.55 version. Use a pointer mouse and a DAC. One needs to be very lucky to get them work concurrently.
    I plug in the mouse only and it works, plug in the dac only and it works too. But when combined strange things happen. I plug in the mouse and it will say USB DAC detected and that working DAC next stops working, i unplug the DAC and the mouse stops working etc.

Moving both to my other media player those problems don't occur.

16. x9suser

x9suser Member

So your Yamaha 485 is a recent model. Strange, I used to own a Yamaha model with the same model number (or so I thought) which I sold a few years back that was only 1.4 compatible. I must be getting old, losing my memory.

17. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

RX-V485 is mid 2018, before there was rx-v483 and before rx-v481 and rx-v479 etc etc

HDMI 2.0 was introduce with rx-v481 in 2016

18. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

Hello,
    Direct link to the epson eh-tw9400 show same problem.
    So :
    My specific Z9s elctronics is broken to display 10bit 4:4:4 23fps
    or
    both Av & projector don't support firmware

i don't know if it's only projector (and not AV) that doesn't support it can tell AV to loose synch when there is this problem ? (when black screen AV loose the 5.1 icones panel and show nothing few sec)

19. Ykkhann

Ykkhann New Member

There is the same problem in my Z9S.
    I upgrade my firmware from 2.1.3 to 2.2.56, and the X265 10 bits movies play well.
    But all the other HEVC, x265 or x264 MKV files got problems. They can play several minutes and then shout down.
    I came back to the ver 2.1.30, and back to the same problem that the X265 10 bits movies can't play.

Maybe we have to wait for the next stable firmware update.

20. Dazza

Dazza New Member

It's not restricted to the Z9S. I have the same issues with the X9S with firmware v2.1.22 + v2.1.24.
    I also have a Denon receiver.