Black is red

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by skywalker1978, Mar 21, 2021.

1. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

Hi. Out of a sudden all blacks are now red. For example black bars at the top and bottom have a very visible red tonę. The same for movies in parts where there are black colors. It happens to FullHD movies as well as 4K movies. The log on screen of the Zidoo has also a red tone. What might be the reason for this? Please help.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sounds like a dodgy HDMI chain - unplug, replug and try swapping cables - if there's an amp in the chain, remove it - process of elimination to see where the issue lies.

3. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

Thanks. I did what you said. It seems there is something wrong with the HDMI input on the avr. After switching to another HDMI port it works just fine.

4. Markswift2003

Don't know what AVR you have but it may have a way of resetting the processor which may clear the issue (I know Denon and Marantz can do this)

5. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

It's a Marantz SR6013 but I do not have a clue how to do it. Could you suggest something please.

6. Markswift2003