black / dark scenes look blueish

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Frostb!te, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Hi, some very dark scenes/shadows tend to look dark blueish. Though there are dark scenes that look black in the same movies, too. I've noticed the problem only in some movies, yet. Some movies don't have this this issue.

I tested around with a couple of settings in all my devices. HDR modes, chroma subsampling, colour bit depth 8,10,12 preferred ... non of that worked.

Only the HDMI setting which sets some colors to "16-235" instead of "0-255/auto") removed the issue but looks terrible (darker, bad contrast, bad colours as one might expect).

The Z9S runs with v2.3.35. May the update to the latest beta firmware help?

My other setup: Samsung Q7FN + Denon AVRX3500H.

2. Valkyre57

Valkyre57 New Member

I have Samsung LCD HDR TV and Zidoo FW 2.3.80 but some moves have dark blueish too for example "wolf of the wall street" .... I noticed greenish-yellowish tint on faces too. I tried lot of configs on Zidoo an on tv too .... No any idea what to do.... maybe i will buy color calibration tool and will teach how to get GOOD Quality of IMAGE. so tired of lot of configurations i just want watch and enjoy :(

3. SerGioTenerife

SerGioTenerife New Member

For me, after many configurations, it is to put in Color everything in Auto and in the configuration of the TV put Full Hdmi Range and Enhanced Hdmi Format.
    Last firmware beta.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021