Beta version v6.7.17 for NEO S/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 9, 2022.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Change logs:
    System
    1. Optimized the USB audio function.
    2. Fixed the problem that the audio input is incorrectly switched by the shortcut key of the source selection.
    3. Optimized system languages translation.
    4. Optimized occasional Roon ready connection failure problem.
    5. Optimized the volume pass-through mode, when the HDMI cable is unplugged, the sound from Optical is low.
    6. Added the function of decoding DSD multi-channel into PCM multi-channel.
    7. Added Tidal Connect function.

Poster wall
    1. Added the function to mark watched icon manually for TV series.
    2. Added manual tagging function on the movie details interface.
    3. Optimized NFO information loading.
    4. Optimized the problem that the trailer cannot be obtained.
    5. Fixed the problem that the playback record of Trakt TV series is incorrect.
    6. Optimized the IMDB score function.
    7. Optimized the soundtrack function.
    8. Optimized the manual matching function of TV series.

Local player
    1. Optimized the problem that subtitles cannot be searched for some films.
    2. Added follow the default flag for subtitle and audio track functions for MKV movies.
    3. Added more playback interfaces for third-party players.
    4. Modified the problem that fast forwarding to the end of the video does not take effect.
    5. Optimized the problem that the automatic frame rate of some films does not take effect.
    6. Optimized the problem that subtitles of some films do not take effect when external subtitles are prioritized.
    7. Added MKV video subtitle follow subtitle disable flag.
    8. Fixed the occasional problem that the subtitles are not effective in mobile phone controller.
    9. Optimized forced subtitle settings.
    10. Optimized playback stability.

Music player
    Notice:Upgrade to 7.0, will full rescan the music Library.
    1. Added sorting function for songs album and artist.
    2. The song list shows in the album of relevant artist.
    3. Optimized the display of lyrics.
    4. Added the function of clearing the image cache.
    5. Optimized the display of artist information.
    6. Optimized the display of artist details album user interface.
    7. Optimized the display of the number of SACD sound channels.
    8. Added SACD preferred locale settings.
    9. Optimized the decoding setting function.
    10. Optimized the online matching function.
    11. Fixed the problem that the album interface is not sorted correctly.
    12. Optimized the sampling rate decoding setting.
    13. Added the support for SACD file CUE.

Boot Wizard
    1. Optimized some language translation errors.
    2. Optimized the sampling rate decoding setting.

Quick Settings
    1. Optimized some language translation errors.
    2. Optimized the sampling rate control function.
    3. Added the audio EDID display of the current output device.
    4. Optimized the default language setting function under the playback setting menu.

Download: Check the online update, should enable "Receive the beta version" option.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
    dr4go, andrewrona, pcristi and 3 others like this.
  2. lanz

lanz Member

Damn, it looks like it's a huge update but no release for ZX9 and co. yet?

Samson 1907 likes this.
  3. vddan

vddan Active Member

Yes the Z9X would also like to take advantage of it !!!!!!!!!!!

4. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Patience my friends :)
    Main focus is MP7 and audio stuff which is the focus of the Neo series.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  5. mirak

mirak Member

OK but what about the NEO X :(

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I think it is intended similar to early Z9X try outs but in this case for Neo S. The Neo Alpha was added to get a few extra testers including myself in the loop. ;)
    A general release will most likely not take more than a week depending on what the reactions/problems found are.

I have no idea if there is coming a MP7 functional differentiation between earlier and newer Neo models?
    It would not really surprise me if MCH SACD remains restricted to Neo models. This next to upsampling/downsampling with gapless which already exists.

The big changes I have seen:
    - Above all it seems to be using an entirely new scanning engine. Performance about 1.000 tracks per minute which makes this really fly for the first time. Tested myself up to 20.000 tracks in a single scan. Scanned my CD and SACD collections as a start and must say starting to like using the folder feature instead of Media Center now for advanced displays. :D
    - SACD support with indications of 2.0, 5.1 or 2.0 & 5.1 being present and more relevant all played now. The new display is expected to be added to the Zidoo Controller APP later. The Alpha plays with DSD via HDMI and other models with DSD =>PCM including 5.1 tracks. A 2.0/5.1 preference can be set in MP7 setup and also be changed interactive using the Audio button on the remote. In fact it became a truly great SACD player even beating my OPPO here. :cool:
    - The Artist view was replaced by an Album Artist view finally. Must still find out how it works exactly but starting to produce an usable view but still has some strange effects. No idea yet what it does exactly with Tagged tracks? ;)
    - Lyrics seem to be working better but still seeing HTML codes with a (very) few titles.

My first verdict this is really an essential big update and merits changing from MP6 to MP7.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yeah, the changelog doesn't really reflect the huge changes on the backend and the work that's gone into this over the last few weeks.

MP is suddenly a very usable app! Just a bit of spit and polish required needed now...

8. Markswift2003

Also, multichannel DSD > PCM is awesome.

9. mirak

mirak Member

Nice Monkey,
    Am I becoming blind but couldn’t find any more your post regarding the NEO test ?

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm

11. Nice Monkey

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Good lord, who in their right minds would pay this price for a Media Player using the same SOC as lower priced players?

Zidoo Neo Alpha.png

More than twice as much as the NeoX and over 6.5 times as much as the Z1000 Pro! Better components do not guarantee better sound quality and as stated before, until I hear an independent review of this beta (maybe alpha) machine, I shall remain sceptical about whether it is any good. I see a number of posts now extollong its virtues - independent?, I fear not, especially as these people haven't paid for their players (as usual). This annoys me as independent reviews are few and far between for all Zidoo models. Two and a half grand for a model which will be out of date very quickly?, not me I'm afraid

13. Nice Monkey

New SOC's do come out on regular basis to deal with above all new Video standards. The Music market in fact is hardly changing lately and after Pure Audio BD nothing was added except MQA which isn't really that relevant for a stationary player. Most what needs to be adopted can be done in FW.

By the way Neo Alpha (€ 3.000) is 50% above Neo X (€ 2.000) not more than double (yes it is with Neo S).

14. Markswift2003

Do expensive coffee machines annoy you as well?

myzidoo, cappy1 and xskip like this.
  15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Guys, I was making a serious comment and to rubbish like you have is either to admit you cannot answer or don't want to. I'm asking for an independent review - been asking for this for some time on other models from UHD3000 up. Not too difficult is it? I think the cost of this machine requires a full review by someone independent to justify the cost. Coffe machines? They all have online reviews :p

16. Nice Monkey

Still using a relative cheap coffeemaker which yes does grinding fresh beans. Great taste and no expensive cups. ;)
    Best value for money in my perception.

Back to evaluation. I do have serious problems switching off my TV when listening to music.
    It reverts from MCH to 2CH and can't be changed back unless stopping MP7 as a whole first.
    Tried with native DSD and DSD => PCM.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

Nespresso all day long ;)

18. Nice Monkey

Scan result 1884 Album Artists with 1754 Albums. Frankly no idea how many there are really but both are too high and I expected Album Artists to be lower than the number of Albums. Lot of work to dig into that, will do that on my leisure.

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I prefer to grind my beans, for superior taste as confirmed by my household, relatives and friends, to get independent judgments - it is this independence that Zidoo lacks. I realise this is a Members forum and has brilliant members only too happy to help others - I hope others believe that is a given too. But I guess sales of all Zidoos have been dire and believe this is due to the lack of independent reviews.

20. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member