Beta version v6.4(7).20 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO X/NEO S/NEO Alpha

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Night93

Night93 New Member

Have now uninstalled Home Theater 4.2.21 so it goes back to 4.2.20 (complete uninstall not possible). Cleared Cache of the App and in the first start i was asked if i wanna keep my old settings of HT, but i resetted.
    Tried again the movie in HT 4.2.20 but the issue stays.

Edit: Have now made an sample.mkv with Xmedia Recode with same subtitle. It suprisingly worked without starting subtitle. So i think the issue is with the movie. I gonna try another movie file now.

Edit 2: Tried another movie, it worked like it should. So has something to do with the movie I tried. Thanks for helping out and sorry for the inconvenience

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

For legal reason please don't post full filenames here. Please modify your post.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2022
    myzidoo, thenextvision and nc88keyz like this.
  3. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I like it when they are full frontal and not ashamed and post their files on their Zidoo or Nas with full release group tags !

Clean it up people! If you do the dirty , keep it to yourself.

McBluna and thenextvision like this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Done.

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

No audio delay coming out of pause for me.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

isolate issue away from network first id say
    ie run some files off usb3 HDD direct to the zidoo see if occurring then

also full unplug power cable for 30 secs

and replug in the hdmi cables in the path audio pops always look for a loose cable first :)

7. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

im getting weird Subtitle issues since patch

ie watched first 4 epis of the new Resident evil series and have to have eng subs on for the different foreign languages on it
    since patch if i turn subs on for it the video just goes to a full yellowish screen with audio still playing in the background

tried some other shows and issues too

8. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

I have had a similar issue recently & it was driving me crazy. It was only happening when playing 1080p HDR files using the VS10 engine. If the file had subs, the screen would be washed out with a primary colour & the subs would be all pixilated. I went back into my settings & found that for some weird reason, this correct setting: Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT was incorrectly set to 10BIT (most definitely a user error :confused:). Changing it back to 8BIT fixed the issue.

9. Yoram Ariel

Yoram Ariel New Member

I am experiencing audio lip sync issues after pause/play for some materials, also effects subtitle sync for some materials.

10. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Good morning,

I have a blu-ray which menu stopped working in the last beta ( language selection at the start).
    I can play it in other software..for example Playerfab(x64),

Can I somewhere upload the files ( with out streams) so someone can have a look at it?

11. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Yes i can also confirm this issue, but its actually subtitle related. So if i get this bug and turn subtitles off, the "washed out" mostly blueish tint goes away, if i turn subtitles on i get the tint again. Than yes the subtitles are weirdly pixelated and only display the outlines in a rainbow color pattern.

Why should this be a user error? Your 10bit setting is perfectly fine and should not result in any color/tint error via subtitles.
    I have mine set to 422/12 bit and this way would expect that any content play's fine, be it 8bit or 10bit hdr10/DV.
    I also have no issue with any normal none 4k/8bit + subtitle files, it seems the bug is just HDR/DV related.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  12. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

OK, maybe I was being too hard on myself. I thought I'd set up everything as per the recommended settings, so the fact that it was set to 10BIT was not intentional & an oversight on my behalf. However, you're right: the setting should be fine, otherwise, it wouldn't be there as a selection.
    Either way, I'm glad someone else was able to replicate the issue.

13. redclothz1

redclothz1 New Member

Hi, could you possible add this feature/ option in future update, when possible: Spatial Sound.
    thanks

14. So I did some more investigating on this, and found that BDMV files with menus playback at 60Hz when VS10 is enabled.
    So - here's a bit of a table for my 1080p display:

4k BDMV|Menu|VS10 => 1080p60
    4k BDMV|Direct|VS10 => 1080p24
    4k BDMV|Menu|No VS10 => 1080p24
    4k BDMV|Direct|No VS10 => 1080p24

15. You have to tur on the nfs in your nas

16. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

Well crap. I updated and the first movie I watched from my server kept stuttering and freezing. Before the update I had no issues. I know others have said they had issues as well so something is definitely amiss. I’m using SMB just so you know. I had tried NFS when I first got the z9x, but that was finicky as hell. GigE connection as well. Guess I’ll roll this thing back…

17. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

And wouldn’t you know I can’t downgrade the firmware. :mad:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
  18. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

Just switched my 4K files over to NFS to see if that’s more stable now. What a PIA. Had to manually match already found files cause the protocol, hence path, is different. :mad:

if this works OK doing my regular files again is going to suck. Again.

19. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Intermittently it seems some users have reported immediately after a firmware update, things don't seem to work quite correctly. Some have had success simply removing all power to the Zidoo (unplugging for a bit) and starting back up. If that doesn't do the trick, a factory reset pretty much always does iron things out. Occasionally too, rebooting your source server can iron out stuttering issues.... Is it a NAS or a regular PC? ... and don't forget your main router as well. IME, SMB is the way to go. I have read way more posts that NFS can be glitchy with Zidoos over the past few years....

Phil181 likes this.
  20. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

After I update I always reboot a few times and then pull it off power. I’ve had to factory reset it for other reasons, but not this. Until now SMB has been rock solid and NFS was hit or miss. Now it’s the opposite. Makes no sense. I know it isn’t network and it isn’t my unRAID server. I’m not new at this, though newer to Zidoo overall.

And for the record, NFS worked fine after this snafu. Nobody should need to factory reset these things after a firmware update to get networking working properly. But… I may do it anyway since I don’t have much faith in NFS due to the issues I had with it when I was first setting this up many months ago.