Beta version v6.4(7).20 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO X/NEO S/NEO Alpha

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Never seen any E-AC3 streams greater than 768Kb/s - and this is for E-AC3 plus (lossy) Atmos with standard 5.1 E-AC3 usually at 256Kb/s compared, as you say, to AC3 max of 640 although more usually 384Kbp/s.

E-AC3 is fully backwards compatible with legacy AC3 decoders so it's not really a transcode in the usual decode/encode terms.

Yes - DTS Core is analogous to the DV base layer and the HD bit to the DV FEL - never thought of it that way before... nice!

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Do you mean for streaming? Because in my 4K blu rays, I have few remux with the french track in E-AC3 and a significant part of them is above 768Kb/s

[​IMG]

3. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

4. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

SPDIF bandwidth is limited to 5.1 AC3, so your TV don't transcode/extract anything.

5. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Yes Yes Yes. Thanks!!!
    That is exactly what I was trying to convey. ZIDOO can't do that.
    Either stereo or nothing.

They can be turned on, but this does not affect the work with sound at all.
    I'm telling you, these switches don't work at all.
    When I had zidoo X8, then I turned on this function there, and it worked. Here, on Z9X does not work. DTS plays automatically from heavy large audio tracks.

6. andy22

andy22 Active Member

As noted my TV has the dolby engine, so if i send it a TrueHD/Atmos stream of any channel size it will transcode this to a AC3 5.1 stream for spdif, this includes folding the extra channels into the 5.1 stream.

From the wiki "Dolby Digital Plus bitstreams are not directly backward compatible with legacy Dolby Digital decoders."

You may confuse this with DD+ decoders/receiver's that can convert EAC3 down to AC3 for spdif output.

I have a AC3/DD compatible headphone DAC and it wont output/display anything if i send it a EAC3 stream, even if it's a 5.1 @640 kbit.

serg fedorov likes this.
  7. serg fedorov

8. Markswift2003

Sorry, but yes they do work.

Downmix for AC3 forces an AC3 compatibility track (if it exists) to be used instead of the TrueHD one (remember ThrueHD has no core audio)
    Downmix for DTS forces the DTS Core of DTS-HD to be used instead of DTS-HD.

Not sure how you are evaluating this, but truly this does work, both through S/PDIF and HDMI.

9. serg fedorov

For example, Mylene Farmer 2019 – Le Film (2019) Blu-ray UHD HDR Disc
    There are 3 audio tracks:
    LPCM Audio
    Dolby TrueHD
    Atmos Audio
    I have HD mixing turned off in my audio settings.
    All three audio tracks are played over SPDIF
    The last two as the core of the DTS.

10. Markswift2003

To be fair, I generally only see E-AC3 tracks on streaming content since usually the primary track on BDs I see are English and either MLP Atmos or DTS-HD/X (although DTS-X is fast becoming the 3D of the Audio world which is such a shame).

11. Markswift2003

That makes no sense - how can a THD and an Atmos track have a DTS core??

In order for Downmix to work in this case you would also have to include the AC3 compatibility tracks from both THD tracks - as I keep saying, TrueHD does not have a core track, it must be manually muxed out.

Can you PM me a clip of that film? I'd love to try and replicate what you are seeing.

12. Night93

Night93 New Member

Hello @Markswift2003 ,

i have an Issue with HT4 4.2.21 which u posted earlier with my Zidoo Z9X

I got Yesterday my new Z9X and updated to newest Beta Firmware and updated Poster APK 4.2.21 via USB Stick. Added with the Scan all my movies in HT4.

When i play a movie via home theater, the subtitle is always activated regardless of my Global Settings in the Home Menu.
    But when i play the movie via Media Center or the Jellyfin Android TV Zidoo Version App which both uses also the Zidoo native player the subtitles are deactivated how it should be.

While i watch a Movie in HT4, when I Set the Subtitle to deactivated via the Pop-up Menu it stays Like that after resume or new start. But Like mentioned in the First Start of the Movie after i freshly setted Up my HT, Subtitles are Always activated regardless of my goobal settings. That doesnt happen with Media Center or Jellyfin App.

Can you check it out pls?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  13. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Is it just me, or has the audio pause/resume delay been reintroduced with this firmware?
    I'm watching a movie with a lossy Atmos track at the moment & I'm getting a delay of ~3-5 seconds when resuming from pause.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  14. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Below is the way i have always understood E-ac3, DD+ or whatever you want to call it.

"E-AC-3 decoders can decode AC-3 bitstreams, while E-AC-3 bitstreams are not backward compatible with AC-3 decoders. Yet, a mandatory component in the decoder can directly convert E-AC-3 bitstreams to AC-3 bitstreams."

That is from a video encoding website.

15. serg fedorov

Unfortunately, I will not be able to provide part of this video file.
    But, thank you very much for your interest in my problem anyway.

16. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

I located a "Disk Info" file for this disk (from another forum), so everyone here can see what the actual tracks on the specific UHD disk are (i.e. no DTS audio, TrueHD does have embedded AC3):

DISC INFO:
    Disc Label: Mylene Farmer - Live 2019 Le film [Blu-ray, UHD HDR 4K 2160p]
    Disc Size: 75,994,767,556 bytes
    Protection: AACS2
    Extras: Ultra HD, 50Hz Content
    BDInfo: 0.7.5.5

PLAYLIST REPORT:
    Name: 00000.MPLS
    Length: 2:08:01.440 (h:m:s.ms)
    Size: 74,764,639,296 bytes
    Total Bitrate: 77.87 Mbps

VIDEO:
    Codec Bitrate Description
    ----- ------- -----------
    MPEG-H HEVC Video 59198 kbps 2160p / 25 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 10 bits / HDR10 / BT.2020

AUDIO:
    Codec Language Bitrate Description
    ----- -------- ------- -----------
    LPCM Audio French 4608 kbps 2.0 / 96 kHz / 4608 kbps / 24-bit
    Dolby TrueHD/Atmos Audio French 9551 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 8911 kbps / 24-bit (AC3 Embedded: 5.1-EX / 48 kHz / 640 kbps / DN -27dB)

17. serg fedorov

Yes, there are two lanes.
    Yesterday I mixed it up, it was night, I wanted to sleep and did not double-check.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Looks like I'll have to reflash zidoo. Probably the mixing problem will disappear and this function will start working for me.
    Thanks to all.

18. Markswift2003

Not sure, it's working fine here - you've definitely got them switched off here?

upload_2022-8-6_9-24-55.png

19. Night93

Night93 New Member

Yeah, definitely switched off. Via Media Center it works but with Home Theater it shows subtitle regardless of settings.
    After Firmware OTA Beta Update i updated Home Theater with USB Stick APK. No uninstall before, just update with installing the apk.
    Could that do issues?

Movie has Complete VobSub (German), which are always started with Home Theater

20. Markswift2003

Can't replicate - I tried an MKV ripped from DVD with VobSubs and they didn't show up.

If I press the Subtitle button while playing it shows subtitles off as expected.

The fact that this happens in HT but not from Media Center is odd - they both use the same player and both use the same settings - I suspect something went awry when you updated HT. Just to confirm I'm using FW v6.4.20 and HT v4.2.21 so the same as you.