Beta version v6.3.26 for Z9X released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 30, 2021.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Since v6.3.22 changelogs:
    system
    1. Optimized occasional green flash while playing some DV MKVs
    2. Fixed the problem of incorrect frame rate of individual 59.94 contents
    3. Optimized NFS and SMB network playback.
    4. Added the function of defining info button
    5. Optimized file manager opens the list too slowly

Poster Wall
    1. Optimized NFO parser
    2. Optimized Trailer parser
    3. Fixed occasional crash in the details interface
    4. Added the path display switch on the detail interface
    5. Optimized matching accuracy
    6. Support trailer folder
    7.Fixed while add a single movie to a category, the entire collection is incorrectly added to the category

Music player
    1.Optimized rematch function
    2.Support DSD CUE
    3.Fixed can not return while enter an empty folder
    4.Optimized playback stability

v6.3.26
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.3.26/Z9X_P_v6.3.26_202107301020_ota-package.zip
    MD5: EA561A6CF841115E97E1E4E3426AFB23

v6.3.26_G
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.3.26/Z9X_P_v6.3.26_G_202107301429_ota-package.zip
    MD5: 3801AF80AD9B4DE89BCFB94322962137

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Z10 coming shortly ?

Tarantula likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

1) I get a verify failed error on install from an USB-stick drive. But the MD5 checksum is correct when checked:
    3801AF80AD9B4DE89BCFB94322962137
    It works from a HDD strange enough.

2) The DTS-CD CUE sheet problem is still there.
    It is in fact worse using a single WAV plus a CUE sheet, playback is not gapless then despite being a single WAV file! The jump between titles is far from clean and the AMP detects a total loss of signal. Very strange!
    Not a problem with other players.

3) Music FLAC with 24-bit 192 kHz is played very badly now.
    Tried again with FW 6.3.22 and it was far better there but not good. Vía DAC not a problem with that FW. Not a problem with my other brand players.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    Mabon and Mentor27 like this.
  4. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I just tried and can confirm this... it's terrible!!

pcristi and Mentor27 like this.
  5. UTAVATU

UTAVATU Active Member

Dear @mirror

Best Firmware since beginning ;) No more green screen during playback of DV .mkv files, only when seeking in % steps (click 1 on remote to go to 10% of the movie, 4 for 40% etc. then green screen flashes still exists, but less then before).

Simple Info - great! I would also add current framerate of the movie 23.976 or 59.994 etc.

Sincerely

6. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

*_ota-package.zip update files also install from a network share.

Nice to see that starting video playback from SMB share is almost instantly again. Good work.

7. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I can confirm that the green flash issue during DV MKVs is solved. During seeking / next chapter the green screen is there, but Zidoo support already stated several times we need to live with it.
    I can add that also the "color glitches" always with DV MKVs seem to be solved (but I'll need to watch a whole movie to confirm)
    Samba navigation is much quicker now, so all good on this issue too!

One bug I still have is that DTS-HD MA 5.1 tracks are marked as DTS-HD MA 7.1 (in the Info page / banner, for example). Not so important obviously, but for you to know.

So far, thank you for solving the many issues we had with the previous FW! :)

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I notice there is a feature added to HT that I asked for! The cast/director bio screen now allows expansion of their profiles. Thanks!

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

4. Added the path display switch on the detail interface

That's great but can I be a little picky here? What would be even better is that when the path is removed the video/audio icons move down so the bottom of the icons are flush with the bottom of the poster. A bit anal I know!

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Details are important

11. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

1 hour to download? WTF lol?

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

1. Optimized occasional green flash while playing some DV MKVs

Can confirm that during the MKV of A Quiet Place 2, at timecode 1:02:43, the glitch has gone (green flash when playing player led and slight stutter when TV led). Also no green flashes when skipping back.

Top job!!!

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Question about the menu selection when playing a video. The 'Advanced\More settings' has a selection called 'Show video information when pausing video'. I have toggled this on and off but can't see anything different when pausing video?. What is this supposed to do?

14. Nicholas Hewitt

Hey, Great job guys getting this release out quickly. The info addition is great! Just one thing. I was having green flashes in the movie Halloween (1978) w Dolby Vision. Some of it seems fixed, but I'm still getting a green flash every so often. 7:38 - 7:50 into the movie is the first time. I am using an mkv ripped with Makemkv that I did myself made from the Blu-ray disc folder

15. Nicholas Hewitt

I'm also getting really faint flickering in all my Dolby Vision movies. The Image keeps dimming ever so slightly in the form of slight flickering.

16. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

It act on OK button.

blenky likes this.
  17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Updated my aggregated overview:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...roblems-fw-v6-3-26-no-feature-requests.84836/
    This despite not being general available for all models yet. Forgot that for a moment as I am not really happy with Music Player as it goes.

No fixes for that list just 24-bit 192kHz FLAC playback and DTS-CD CUE sheet problems being added. Green items were removed.

Also reported some specific BD's ISO/Folder not playing even without menu. The matching files were made available.

dr4go likes this.
  18. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I also had this pb yesterday, watching The Hobbit in DV (but with previous firmware, the 6.3.22). The light level "pumped" (light/dark/light/dark) from time to time in some scenes, expecially those with a lot of light. I didn't have that kind of problem the last time that I watched this trilogy with an older firmware than the one that I use right now.

19. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi, could you manage to share a sample of that movie? Because yesterday i watched 30 min of "A Quiet Place 2" and then "Basic Instinct" (both in DV MKV) and I had absolutely no issue.

20. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Very strange... I had this behaviour with previous FW but now it seems gone with the 2 DV MKVs I managed to watch yesterday evening... Can you tell me some of the titles you tested for me to try and check too? TY