Beta version v6.3.22 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Kiwisurfie

Kiwisurfie New Member

Hi, for some reason I can't update my 6.3.12 software online. I have checked the beta box but it tells me I have the most recent version of the software. Have tried reboot and full shutdown. Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  3. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

I have Zidoo x20, Firmware 2.3.60 and I have the same problem.

4. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

ZidooLog_1.2(2).apk

I cannot install this application.
    Or I can't ...
    I put it on the pendride and tried to install it, agreed to everything and in a moment the message that:
    The application has not been installed.
    I also entered Applications, Application Installer and here I marked that I want to install it,
    I got a message that it is installed but I can not see it anywhere and it still shows that it is not installed ...

p.s.
    A colleague above has the same problem ( blinks black ) as me ... strange ...

5. ATROX

ATROX New Member

URL for manually using update Z10Pro please...
    My Zidoo Z10Pro did not find the FW 6.3.21_G.

6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

cant seem to update to beta on aZ10 Pro ?

7. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

What there's a new update 6.3.21 ? and you Zidoo guys implemented that option? Wow that's great Zidoo
    Great work, I have to test the new version

8. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Cool, all my TV series with a "Real framerate" of 25hz and a "original framerate" of 23.97hz, all all playing with the correct 25hz now

Finally, great job Zidoo

vddan likes this.
  9. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

At that time OTA is active only for Z9X v6.3.21_G, manually download link here.

10. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

This option didn't make a difference. But playing around with all the settings again, switching from Player led to TV led seems to enable correct resolution and frame rate now, at least for these two movies. Thank you.

But, there's still something wrong with the frame rate switch, see this wrong output:

BD.png

It's a untouched Blu-ray ISO played in menu mode.

11. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

@mirror

I am coming back to the topic of blink black in Postrwall4
    I have the latest 6.3.21G firmware
    On this firmware in Posterwall4, when I move up and down and browse the titles of my movies, I often pass the black screen and return to the Postrwall4 menu ...
    I included it in the video
    I am so angry about this that I reset the Z9X to factory settings.
    First, I recorded for everyone what and how I have set up to then quickly type these settings.

I was surprised that I have other translations for the menu (Polish language) - so what were the updates doing? Thread ?
    Why are there other menu translations after the Z9X reset? The firmware is the same as 6.3.21G ...

Unfortunately - restoring the settings did not help - in Postrwall4 a black screen flashes and crashes to the menu just like in the movie

Maybe it is related to the fact that the Z9X is connected to the LG C9?
    Yes, if I have because maybe it is a hardware problem and does not occur in everyone?

mirror what do you say?

12. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

I have just updated the firmware on the Zido Z10 pro via OTA to 6.3.21G.

Greetings!

13. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi, if I may... have you tried changing the HDMI cable?
    I would also check the HDCP setting and verify it is on 2.2 (you have 1.4, 2.2 or off options)

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Where is that function in latest beta?

15. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

I didn't change anything with the equipment - my HDMI cables are of very good quality
    I have HDCP turned off.

I also did an HDCP 2.2 ON test and it also flashes black and crashes into the menu

I remind you that I didn't do anything with the settings - I only updated to 6.3.21G and I have such flashes only in the Posterwall4 menu

In addition, I restored the factory settings - it did not do anything

The application ZidooLog_1.2(2).apk that mirror told me to install is not being installed - it pops up that the application has not been installed .....

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  16. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I was just trying to help... but you seem to have all the answers... so good luck ;)

17. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

The function is automatic... you just need to update to the new FW and verify you have "automatic framerate" function enabled

blenky and DennisTheMenace like this.
  18. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

@mirror
    Everything was fine on the firmware v6.3.12_G version - I didn't have this blink black

Now something has probably changed and I have this error
    I am waiting for a repair in the next firmware - I do not know what I would have to do now ...I even reset the Z9X and it didn't do anything

19. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

@mirror:
    Since the box is pretty mature now I hope you can fix some cosmetic issues we found very early on:
    When starting playback of a video there is a black screen with a gradient that exhibits banding. In case you stark playback directly from HT its the screen before the logo.
    I hope you can see the banding in this picture, its very noticeable in reality.
    [​IMG]

20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This is something @Sledgehamma and I have been talking about since we first started beta testing last year. It's one thing that spoils an otherwise seamless experience with these boxes.

As far as I can tell it's an Android generated grey field that shows very ugly chroma banding. I've seen it on the NVidia Shield too.

The actual grey field image itself is smooth because if you take a screen shot it doesn't exhibit the banding, so it's something to do with the way it's rendered to the screen.

It occurs for a couple of seconds when you start a video from HT4, just before the ClearLogo shows on screen (with a black field)

It also shows when Media Center starts, when you start the Update app and the weather app.

If this grey field could be replaced with a black field the whole experience would be a lot more elegant.

godalmighty, giangi76 and Sledgehamma like this.