Beta version v6.3.22 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 17, 2021.

1. compingharry

compingharry New Member

I think it is all about priorities and marketing strategy...Zidoo's strong hand is the Poster Wall and custom Edid. If only few users (like me) want to bother with Bluray ISO menu's it is not in Zidoo's interest to put the main effort at this task. If for instance most people use MKV and love the Posterwall...why not focus on them. That brings money into the drawer and strengthens their position in the market...(Is this dutch english?)

vddan likes this.
  2. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

No its not Dutch i understand but when on the home page you read:

*Support BD/BD3D/UHD full Blu-ray navigation and complex MPLS structure Blu-ray seamless branching playback.

Not quite true is it not been for several years since i had the X9s.

3. compingharry

compingharry New Member

Most irritating for me right now is I wanted quickly to test some Bluray ISO files on Z9x spread over 3 internal harddrives on my computer, using Samba Server. On Zidoo sometimes it is an unexplainable pain in the butt to me...with "Enable Passwords" OFF I continuesly got confronted with Username/Password boxes...With "Enable Passwords" ON it did not ask me for anything. I thought: Am I so stupid? Turned on Pro Vision and Control App, got everything connected for SMB in 5 minutes...So no, it's not me, it's just not user friendly or not 100% reliable...

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I'm one of the few that like to play from a full menu. I'm an ex Dune user so I was used to a flawless BD menu experience. Their own BD engine was so good it just felt as if you have started a disk from an external player. I moved from Dune as their development was slower than Zidoo and they had no movie wall worth a damn and third party movie walls were a pain to use. Over time I have made peace with the fact that menu playback on the Zidoo will always be patchy but you can fall back to direct play. Saying that Scott Pilgrim for me would not work via menu or direct - I had to remux my own MKV.

vddan likes this.
  5. Enet

Enet Active Member

I like the option of BD menu for special editions or multiple branching films. It's not that important to me but it is a core feature that a competitor product has working well, so it does need to be fixed.

Poster Wall has now replaced Kodi and for me that is a big deal. I would like them to add more features but I fear this would end up introducing too many bugs so I right now I just want them concentrate on getting the core features of HT and playback working well.

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm keeping my eye on that development. But they have been promising this for a long time. Interesting times though as it seems Dune and Zidoo are really stepping up with firmware developments. For my needs Zidoo have the edge but that may change!

vddan likes this.
  7. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

I am only giving zidoo an other 6months because i am looking into the dune players now, competition will be heating up soon zidoo need to sort out the patchy menu system which as been like this for years.

Dune players use the same chipset so what is wrong with the zidoo?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    Tarantula likes this.
  8. compingharry

compingharry New Member

Respect for this answer...you know the weak point(s) of Dune (Posterwall) and the weak point(s) of Zidoo by now (menu's), and accept the weak points of Zidoo without complaining. I use Pro Vision in the living room with my wife, and Z9x in my music room for things she doesn't like, and even I have to be carefull not to whine...Zidoo has catching up to do with the Control App, and I find SMB frustrating, Dune has to catch up with the Posterwall...

9. Enet

Enet Active Member

10. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

Z1000 Pro running v6.3.22 Audio Problem:

A: Z1000 Pro is connected to TV (audio Pass-Through enabled) and Audio System connected to TV via eARC:
    -if on zidoo HDMI Audio is set to RAW, no DTS, DTS-HD or DTS-X audio is played
    -if on zidoo HDMI Audio is set to Auto, DTS-HD and DTS-X lossless audio is not played, but is automatically downgraded to DTS lossy which is played
    The zidoo does not send the dts-hd and dts-x audio via pass-through to be processed by the Audio System; any other audio format including TrueHD/Atmos Lossless, DD+ etc. is being sent without problems; i have tried to enable/disable all settings in Zidoo Audio, nothing works

B: Z1000 Pro is connected to Audio System and Audio System is connected to TV via eARC:
    -on zidoo HDMI Audio is set to RAW or Auto: all audio formats are played correctly, including dts-hd and dts-x

Can anyone look into this? And has anyone else encountered this problem? To connect the Zidoo directly to the TV would be the best option for me.
    Using Samsung Q95T Tv, Samsung Q950T Soundbar and Zidoo Z1000 Pro running v.6.3.22

11. rere130

rere130 New Member

Hi :)

I think it's perfectly normal : your Samsung Q95T TV does not support DTS decoding.
    You are obliged to connect the Zidoo to an amv or a sound bar which decodes in pass throught the DTS (like yours q950t).

Source : https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/samsung/1412311/samsung-q95t-q90t-review

12. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

I know that the tv does not support DTS but it does not matter what it supports. That is why I enable PASS-THROUGH, it ignores the tv and the audio signal is sent directly to the q950t soundbar to be processed via eARC.
    The TV does NOT support Dolby TrueHD/Atmos Lossless audio either, yet the Zidoo sends it correctly via pass-through to the q950t soundbar.

If you read again what I wrote above, you can see the Zidoo DOES play DTS when connected directly to the TV with Pass-through enabled, but it does not play DTS-HD and DTS-X Lossles. Instead it plays the DTS lossy audio included in those audio formats.

So it is not normal, regardless of the audio system, all pass-through works the same. The fact that everything else works means the Zidoo z1000 pro has a problem

13. rere130

rere130 New Member

I'm just trying to help... :(
    You said it's works when you connect the Zidoo directly to your soundbar so I was thinking that's a TV problem, not Zidoo. But I can be wrong...

That was working with other old firmware ?
    DHCP off ?

Sorry for my bad english, i speak french.

14. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

That's ok. I.m just making sure anyone that reads understands and mabie there is a fix for it or a solution can be found.

I just tried all 3 HDCP settings in the Zidoo when connected directly to the tv, still no dts-hd or dts-x. *Edit: It did not work on the official firmware v.6.0.9 either

15. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not aware of any Zidoo player supporting HDMI eARC. I think this may be your problem. You need to connect your Zidoo directly to the soundbar and from there send the video to your TV through the HDMI out of the soundbar

16. Enet

Enet Active Member

I read about this some time ago that the Zidoo seems to get information once you've played the video. It only needs to be for maybe 30 seconds or so but it definitely works. My 4k videos now have the 4k and 23.95fps tags added to them which they didn't have before.

17. Enet

Enet Active Member

When you bypass the TV it works, when you use the TV it doesn't. Logically speaking, it looks like @rere130 is at least partially right. The TV is the problem. It might be because Samsung TVs don't process DTS or it might be that you need to change your TV settings to allow DTS traffic to pass through.

18. xpeczk

xpeczk New Member

If this was the case, Dolby TrueHD/Atmoss lossless audio and all the other audio formats should not work either. The eArc is between the tv and soundbar, nothing to do with the zidoo.
    I found an older post that said Zidoo X9S had the exact same problem, a "bug" in the video player or firmware and that it was fixed.

If i set HDMI Audio in the Zidoo to Auto instead or RAW, DTS works! And if i play a movie with DTS-HD or DTS-X, it plays the DTS core included in the Lossless file.
    It's not the Tv, the audio is processed directly by the soundbar, doesn't go to the tv. Very sure its a zidoo bug

19. rere130

rere130 New Member

For me there is no solution, Zidoo don't have HDMI earc port. and the problem is your Samsung TV who don't allow to passthrougt DTS hight resolution. Same as many many TV...
    Q95T decode Dolby, so no problem to passthrougt Dolby TrueHd and Dolby Atmos, it's just not compatible Atmos in review because there is not audio speaker for that include in the TV.

You need a soundbar or an amv, no choice. Or a TV who allow to decode DTS-HD (there aren't many anymore).
    Why you have DTS directly it's a mystery...

On avsforum i saw that :
    "I know you said you tried "RAW" but there is currently a bug where if you choose "Auto", DTS core only will play so you lose DTS-HD and DTS-X.

If you set the Audio the "RAW", DTS-HD and DTS-X pass through with no issues."

But you already try...

Or maybe this other post :
    "did you disable “Downmix HD audio output”" ?

20. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

You're absolutely right about how eARC works (you dont' need it on the player, my bad!)

Actually I'm afraid it's the TV. I just checked on Rtings and Samsung TVs don't seem to support DTS-HD MA or DTS:X through HDMI eARC.
    If you have a BD Player, just try to connect it the same way (and with HDMI bitstream output set on the BD Player)... I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021