Beta version v6.0.90 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've been hammering this for months so let's hope so.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ah right gotcha. Sorry - got the wrong end of the stick ;)

One of the big problems with the Realtek engine has always been that it's not very good at SDR to HDR (Mapping HDR10) because the colour mapping is too aggressive and it's terrible at HDR to SDR (SDR Rec.709 Limited) because the colour mapping clips horribly.

VS10 is the answer, it just needs the levels fixing.

Bertrum likes this.
  3. pavlin67

pavlin67 Active Member

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. elpablo

elpablo New Member

I've been wondering for a while if I have to update .90 with or without G: what's the point of having Google services on Z9X?
    Now I've seen that the official version of the beta is without G: is it possible that the Google services in the background create some slowdown or annoyance to the zidoo software?

5. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

You have the possibility to directly install apps via the Playstore, instead of having to download APK files manually.

elpablo likes this.
  6. elpablo

elpablo New Member

Thank you for reply.
    For example? What apps for watching videos or listening to music could be better than the ones already included?

Edit:
    I am trying to download ZDMC from the official website but, as for the FW .90, Chrome (Firefox too) reports error + danger warning and does not allow to download any files.
    Instead it is possible to download via McBluna.net but from an external server (unofficial)
    Why does this happen?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  7. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I've no idea, I've successfully downloaded http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zdmc-18.9_rtk.apk with Firefox. Do you've any extra AV software running on your system?

8. dMole

dMole New Member

Earlier (on 6.0.46G) pressing HOME on my Zidoo air mouse (V9) was turning on my TV (Samsung q6 2018). After updating to 6.0.90G - this feature doesn't work any more. Tried all settings on HDMI CEC - still nothing. Would like this feature back.
    Also, not sure where should I write this feature request - I'd like to have a possibility to load external audio tracks (ie .ac3) while watching video in Media Player, just like you can do with external subtitles files.

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I have several MP3 albums which won't play with MP6. Example title attached.
    No error is given and the previous song is played once more instead.

They do play correctly with any other player including using USB Audio Player Pro on Zidoo.

Attached Files:

10. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I downloaded your file and put it between two other mp3 files named 04 - *** and 06 - *** in a testfolder.
    Nothing seems wrong during playback?

Nice Monkey likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

I always start playback using Media Center. Occasionally that makes a difference I discovered.
    I can't work with the MP6 library as it reorganizes my nicely arranged folder system.

Should have checked this again. Thanks for trying. They play from the library but not from folders. Why ?????
    I really start to hate these stupid problems. Third time i believe with different behavior via Media Center which they never seem to test.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  12. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Yes, I did start playback from mediacenter too (NFS). The 3 files are constantly running now (loop) and no issues?
    FYI I'm on fw 6.0.98

13. Nice Monkey

@Whitfield Thanks!
    Mystery solved triggered by you (was focusing on the content). These albums by mistake start filenames with a space character " ". Overlooked that completely. Must have happened when bulk changing filenames.
    No problem for MP6 Library but a problem for Media Center!

Please confirm. I will add it to the list then.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  14. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Well, this is crap. I initially was happy with fw 6.0.97 which seemed to have solved earlier NFS import problems in MP.
    Now, when trying to import a NFS share in MP, the browser windows does not show the audiofiles. It just shows 1 subfolder, where there are more.
    Reboot didn't help.

15. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

16. Nice Monkey

My W10 has no problem doing so. Also directories may start with a space.
    I do use Total Commander for all my management tasks (there isn't anything better since 20 years).

17. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Ah, okay. Good you got it solved.

18. zwierzak

zwierzak New Member

player does not play sound ( LPCM one chanell 11,0 kHz ) at old AVI movies . any ideas ?

19. Nice Monkey

Support for AVI with also DIVX/XVID always has been limited. I don't thing it is a bug and always has been like this? My Egreat players still do a better job there.

Conversion may be the way to go?

20. zwierzak

zwierzak New Member

converting e.g. to mkv does not help. no sound