Beta version 6.0.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 14, 2020.

1. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

I did a factory reset, just to have a fairly clean start. Otherwise, did do as you describe. Machine on, usb inserted, point to new update and as soon as selected update usb it started its weirdness. Now the sub title on/off global setting was not working. Had to turn off subs every time you start a program. I tried "reset" and that did nothing. I unplugged it for a few minutes and now it holds the global sub setting. Boy this thing has issues.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  2. Comporellon

Comporellon New Member

Hi!
    I found a strange thing. I think it's a bug but please somebody check it.
    When I play 44/48/96/192KHz 24bit flac or any dsd on my Z1000pro with MP my home cinema processor says it is 16 bits.
    The sampling rate is okay, but the bit value only 16.

When I watch movies or music videos with dts or dolby sound everything is fine.

Any ideas?

3. Magyar Péter

Magyar Péter New Member

Hi

My remarks about the Z9x with 6.0.66 firmware:
    - MKV with external .srt sub several times appear then disappear and appear again. This flashing subtitles come around 10-20 times depend on the length of the films.
    - Some h.264 1080p and 720p rip in mkv container start with strong stutting in first some seconds, then this incident leave and the play is smooth. I tried the same files from different source (external 3.5" HDD, external SSD) in all USB ports and the stutting is right there from all source.
    Does anybody experience the mentioned problems?

4. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Yes subtitle problems are evident. I have most problems with .sub files display. srt out of sync, but that can be corrected manually.

5. Cineast

Cineast New Member

Cheers everyone, my MusicPlayer craches on playing .DFF Files (DSD64) FW066. I did not check These Files with the boxed FW027. Anything i can do or is it just that that top notch Player ? :)

edit: .DSF Files (DSD64) neither....and these are the two SACD DSD Format that should work!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  6. gogo789

gogo789 Active Member

I experience some bug with the native player. I don't use HT I just open smb videos throught smb with the fileexplorer. I have enable "Always LLDV" and "Auto framerate". I watch some episodes of GOT s01 in 4K HDR (not DV) in atmos and I have some image stutter. It happens 1 or 2 times in 1h show, at least. Have someone experienced the same thing ?

ghostshadow likes this.
  7. DePeer

DePeer New Member

Thanks for this update.
    Having only recently bought my Z1000 pro I was very disappointed, mostly in myself for not checking this forum more thoroughly, that DV wreaked havoc on my LG Oled. This firm update fixes it! Blacks look a little crushed but I have not tinkered with all display options yet.

8. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

Hello, personally I stayed in 0.66 and did not go to 0.80.

I find 0.66 to be the most stable, and now having found a good setting I'm happy with the behavior of the Z9x. It's not perfect, but I can use it satisfactorily, despite some constraints and a small bug.

So I put the HDR parameter: in VS10 SDR. With this I can read all of my Movies satisfactorily.

I also had to remove 'the resumption of the film where it stopped', this caused synchronization bugs (Dovi).

So all my HD movies are played in Dovi by the VS10.

My 4k HDR Movies are played in HDR10 without the VS10

My 4k HDR10 + Movies are read in HDR10 + without the VS10

My Dovi 4k Movies are played in Dovi without the VS10.

In terms of Bug, HT4 gui does not take into account the Display / HDMI Mode setting

And of course the TRUeHD hard the Dovi

9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Try a factory reset as both play with me just fine. Must be 2CH obviously or 2CH/MCH ISO.

10. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Today I have received my brand new Z10 Pro and, just like with my Z10 (firmware 2.3.35), I'm scratching my head on the TV show scan.

The results of the first scan of the hard drive with my TV Series is really bad: only 62 matched files out of 337, with few errors for the matched as a bonus. I have to scan each series with “batch editing” to get a good match. And there, it finds them easily and without error, matching all the episodes by itself.

I've tried pretty much everything for the names of the episodes but nothing seems to work properly:

• "Series name" .S01E01
    • "Series name (year) .S01E01 (this was my perfect match in my Z10 + 3.0.32)
    • "Name of the serie with dots between each word". S01E01

1. Language of the scrape: French
    2. Scrap source: intelligent (tried TMDb too, no changes)
    3. Firmware version: 6.0.66
    4. Files' names fit the TVDb names (I use TV Rename for that)
    5. Some of my TV Shows: The Mandalorian, The Expanse, Fringe, Babylon 5, Sherlock (2010), Altered Carbon...

Am I the only one with such a problem?

In the days of my Z10, firmware 3.0.32 with HT 3.0 gave me a perfect match for all my TV Series (I have tried again yesterday, before passing my Z10 to a friend). On the other hand, fhe firmware 3.0.35 gave me exactly the same kind of results that I have now with the Z10 Pro, without changing a comma in the denomination of the series. Something has changed in HT 4.0 that screws up my results, maybe in my own language only, I dont' know (some french users tell me that they have the same problem)...

• For the movies scan, that's pretty good: 15 unmatched out of 400 files, and 3 bad matches that I understand given how TMDb lists them. Everything plays flawlessly, but the dolby vision movies (will see with the next firmware).

• There is a short black screen (maybe 1 seconde) when the movie is already started, after the black screen to change the resolution. The same when the movie is stopped.

• Still that annoying bug in HT 4.0 with the return function: When "Classification mode" is desactivated, you have to keep "poster list alphabet navigation" to get a functional "return to the first movie of the posters wall" using the return button of the remote. So impossible to set up an "old school" Poster Wall.

• The GUI seems a little bit slower to respond, or to scroll in HT.4.0, vs my old Z10 GUI.

• Impossible to sign-in with the Youtube app, I don't know why.

• I have changed the standard PSU for a grounded 12V 4A. I think that should be enough with my internal HDD, a Qnap TR-002 and from time to time an external SSD for the movies that I don't want to keep in my collection.

In conclusion, with a functional Dolby Vision and the TV Series pb solved, that would be all good for me.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  11. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I never did it myself but I thought you can just export your library from your original Z10? That way you don't have to scan again.

12. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

With batch editing, it’s quite easy to do it manually and not too long. But I would like to get a match automatically when I add a new serie in my collection, as I used to get with my Z10 and the « usable » firmware. If it worked with HT3.0, it should work with HT4.0, when the « error » somewhere in HT4.0 will be solved. :)

13. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I see, well I never use HT though. Hopefully someone can comment on it.

14. skelton

skelton Member

I wanted to ask if anyone else is experiencing what i think is a bug with 6.0.66 fw. After changing the offset for external subtitles (srt) and then re-open the movie file, those offset settings are now back to default and i have to change it again each time i play a new file.

It used to remember the last settings used for external subtitles but it’s not working on this firmware.

Can anyone else confirm if you experience the same on this fw?

15. skelton

skelton Member

Anyone still on 6.0.66 and can check if the subtitles offset settings are saved or goes back to default after changing movie/episode? ( using external .srt subtitles) Would really help to know if others have the same problem and then i can report this as a bug in the official bug list thread.

16. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

From the developer point of view it doesn't make sense to post bugs for an old fw. Usually you should update to the latest version first.

17. Darto Winoto

Darto Winoto New Member

Hi. Is it safe to install Zidoo Z1000 Pro with Beta firmware ? Like 6.0.90_G beta ?