Beta version 6.0.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 14, 2020.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

2. ceto

ceto New Member

hello, did someone have a solution .. have the Z9X with the new firmware v6.0.66 beta on it. Unfortunately, the player does not play some films .. like this one .. why?

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      39.9 KB
      Views:
  3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

hi checked the encode
    HDR10+ played fine for it

You dont have to encode if its just HDR 10+ like the back to future movies
    Zidoo z9x will play the HDR10+ fine from full image

ie i tested back to the future 1 for 10 mins zero issues with hdr 10+ and Dolby Atmos
    and Alita from full image for HDR10+ (not DV) with HDR10+ and Dolby atmos

4. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Nice firmware update.
    No problems so far except in HT there are a lot of missing covers after restoring a backup from the earlier FW.
    Nice addition for the PGS brightness. Can this also added to the external and downloadable srt subtitles?

Edit:
    At my side, there is now also an HDR10+ output showing at the video information. Good work team!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

External subs have a choice of Font and you can pick one which is less or more bright.

xskip likes this.
  6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

One thing I've learnt while testing these devices is that the database leaves a lot to be desired - tables don't get cleaned, assets don't get cached properly sometimes and since URLs change at TMDB for example, posters can just disappear. In short, it gets untidy and a little bit haphazard.

The best advice I can give is to get HT4 as you want it - posters and backgrounds all correct etc and then export NFOs and artwork using Settings/Library/Export. And do that every time you add content. This creates a copy of the artwork and an NFO file in each movie folder.

Then set <NFO Parse> to "Prefentially parse NFO file" and switch <Use local images first> to "on" in Settings/Preference.

This means that if a restore fails, or if you just want a clear out, you can use Settings/Library/Clear Data, do a full rescan and it will use your exported data which means you get all the same covers back again.

I've been trying to convince Zidoo for ages to have an option to include artwork in the backups, but so far no luck...

skelton and Mabon like this.
  7. woodymogs

woodymogs New Member

8. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Yeah that's true, but I like an option to use brightness on the prefered subtitle font too ;)

9. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Thnx Mark, I will try that!

10. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I also have cec Problems with my soundbar, but that's because LG messed it up with the latest Firmware update. When you look in the avs forum, there are many people that have hdmi cec Problems after the latest Firmware update of their cx and c9 oleds

11. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi Denice, does your Zidoo connect direct to your TV?

The CEC problem through an AVR is definitely a Zidoo problem, as people state unplugging the Zidoo or inserting a filter immediately solves the problem, the Lindy one supports DV pass through also (cheaper variants might not).

12. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

A problem that comes from Zidoo with some brands, I have no problem with my Pioneer receiver and my Sony TV

13. woodymogs

woodymogs New Member

I've spent the last week (since updating the Zid00 to FW .60 and then .66) trying just about every possible solution and combination of CEC settings on the TV, amp and Zidoo, to try and get my LG B7 ARC output to work with the amp. The only thing thus far that has worked is to disconnect the Ziddo from the amp. Tomorrow I should have the filter delivered so I hope that works :) I'm as sure as I can be that the problem is related to Zidoo FW - prior to .60 everything worked fine for months.

14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

You also have an LG...

You are not lucky those who have LG TV.

15. Yaniv Dayan

Yaniv Dayan New Member

There is a CEC issue when starting a 4k movie. The Z100 Pro is connected to Marantz receiver and a JVC projector and you don't see any picture ! Only when switching receiver sources the picture appears. It works fine with FHD content

@mirror Any plan to fix to Hebrew subtitles bug ? I reported it so many times and got zero response. You are loosing many potential customers by not fixing such a small bug

16. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Yes the zidoo is directly connected to the tv. I use earc for the soundbar. I only have that problem that I have to manually turn my soundbar on. Bevor the TV update my soundbar switched on automatically with the TV.
    But that's a lg problem, I think

17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

weird one last night

Watched His Dark Materials s01e01 4k hdr episode

Z9X was still in forced DV for SDR

HLG mode came up on the TV for the epi but only HDR mode for Z9X.....tbh was actually washed out
    Swapped Z9X to HDR force mode and the epi showed only as HDR on both TV and Z(X but colours were WAY better

not an issue...just first time HLG had come up....medinfo for file showed on HDR

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Also watched this last week and episode 2 yesterday. Played with HDR setting in Auto. TV showed HLG flag. PQ was very good.

19. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

if you get a chance try it swapping between auto and hdr forced

to me HDR version looks way better compared to HLG version

20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

What do you mean 'HDR forced'?

I tried

Auto
    Mapping HDR10
    DV10
    DV10 for HDR

All looked great. Mapping HDR10 maybe a bit brighter and more intense with colours. However not sure if this is more accurate over the picture in Auto. But TBH very little between them all.