Beta version 6.0.66 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 14, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

thanks Markswift he had answered before me ;)

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i can test it also Panasonic z1000

what are we testing for?

edit just did update so ill add in movies and if better or not

ie i know HDR10+ works fine ( edit worked fine ..isnt with this patch)
    Alita file that plays atmos/dolby vision for 6 mins then stutters plays full movie perfect when on hdr10+ same file

Stutter seems lot less pronounced once it starts on Alita at the 5-6 min mark ,audi seems less out of synch maybe 0.5 sec to 1 sec compared to 2 sec plus lagging pre patch...so an improvement

BAD NEWS HDR10+ seems to be suffering same issue now

pre patch this file worked perfect on hdr10+ and atmos while DV /DA failed with stutter...Stutter on hdr10+ seems to be worse than DV and audio lagging by 1-2 secs now

5th Element also still stutter audio lags by about 3 min 30 mark
    edit
    did a quick test with 5th element
    Makemkv atmos track removed.......so atmos 5.1 ....played perfect
    mkvtoolnix added atmos track to above mkv....so DV DA usual stutter /lag after 3min 30ish
    Justice league also stutter lags by 4th minute
    Aquaman dvhe 4.06 version stutters audio lag by 3 mins ish ( keep for testing since diff variety of dv :p )
    Baseline tests of sorts
    the Boys s01e01 hdr10+ eAc3 audio plays fine
    The Mandolorean s02e03 DV DA plays fine (lossy atmos)

also is 4 mins long enuff to see any atmos stutter issues? not saying its bad i had adsl know how long it takes ....Alita stutters around 6 min mark
    ......Justice league are 3 min 44 and aquaman 4 5 mins too

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  3. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

I did the update.
    It seems now I have the problem the box won’t switch off when pressing off button on remote. button on the box also doesn’t switch off. I had to use the switch on the rear of the box to kill it.

4. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

and another update:

Playing, or rather trying to play, music files results in a mess. Selecting a file from a folder and pressing play: 2 seconds of the song, then it skips to the next song, 2 sec and the next etc. Ther;es no way of stopping it. After the last track in the folder, it will start again. I can select a track, but it refuses to play it for more than 2 sec before going on to the next, and the next.
    Horrendous. Even my buggy Q10 played music, also 24bit etc, in a good way.
    This is ridiculous. This Z1000 Pro is far more expensive and so far I keep discovering far more bugs. My initial enthusiasm is totally gone.

5. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger Member

I have an HDR10+ TV (Phillips 50PUS7304). It can do Dolby Vision AND HDR10+. I also have some movies in HDR10+ (mp4 and mkv). Unfortunately none of the files trigger HDR10+, only HDR10. I'm ready to test - Dolby Vision too).

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This goes back a few releases ago - I reported that only the DTS core was being passed through with lossless and object based DTS codecs when <Audio> was set in "Auto".

The next firmware, the "Auto" selection was removed and it's been re-appearing every other firmware since! I think they just keep forgetting to comment it out! ;)

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  7. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

I also sometimes had this happening with 6.0.46 I thought the processor froze up and could indeed only get it unfrozen by using the rear power switch.

Topdude likes this.
  8. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

I see... anyway the Auto function is useful because my receiver switch on between the projector and the TV, which the latter, has only 2 channels.

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Indeed, it does need fixing properly.

10. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

I just had the following problem with by Z1000pro and WD 8gb hd. (2months old)
    When I switched on the Z1000pro the Mp did not recognise the hd, when I later checked in Advanced Setting under storage
    the HD was listed as corrupt.:( (I was affraid I lost al data)
    A restart of the z1000pro did not help, only after I did a complete Factory reset, the HD was again recognised by the Z1000pro.

11. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

I've installed Beta version 6.0.66 on my Z1000 Pro but it has made no noticeable difference to me :rolleyes:. I have but simple tastes, I don't care about Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, Projectors, DTS X, VID/PID, PCM, DSD, CEC, VSIF (whatever they are :eek:?). But thank you anyway :D!

Please could I request that a few minor cosmetic issues be addressed, which should take the programming team minutes to solve.

----------

1. Poster Wall > Videos

Screenshot1.png

(a) "MOVIE" should read "MOVIES" (unless you have just one movie in your library!)

(b) "COLLECTION" should read "COLLECTIONS" (again, unless you have just one collection in your library!)

(c) Icons: Can we have wrap-around please? Currently only one line is allowed and if you add user-defined categories you need to scroll to the right while the rest of the screen is wasted space!"

----------

2. Scrap or Scrape???

Screenshot2.png

SCRAPE (scraping, scraped)
    to search for and copy; to copy data from a website using a computer program, ...

SCRAP (scrapping, scrapped)
    to abandon; to abolish; to throw out; ...

So "Settings > Preference > Scrap Source" should end with "Scrape Source"

----------

3. Personal History

Screenshot4a.png

(a) There is no way of accessing any excess text in Personal History! On the Movie screen, FULL details of a movie can be viewed by clicking on the text.
    Can we have the same for Personal History? The same problem occurs with a long "Name" or "Place of Birth" data!

(b) "Birthday" should read "Date Of Birth". People have only ONE "Date Of Birth" but they have a "Birthday" EVERY YEAR!

(c) Why do I need SIXTEEN photos of Dominic Cumberbatch?????

----------

4. 3DBD Tag

Screenshot3a.png

This tag keeps occuring incorrectly on some posters but then disappears again! I don't have any 3D movies!

----------

@mirror - any response :(?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  12. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hello,

This problem existed with the old version of HT (HT2 it seems to me) and the information had been sent to the Zidoo team ... a long time ago in a far far away country

If you're lucky they'll take care of it if they see your message.

See you

And don’t forget you are being watched on the forum, isn’t it mirror

13. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

ive found for a movie like Alita which is DV and HDR10+ , if i leave hdr settings on auto , it will play as DV
    if iset hdr in settings to hdr mode at top of the list,it will come up as the hdr10+ version on my Panasonic Z1000 tv display,but ziddoor still only shows it as hdr in the info screen

14. woodymogs

woodymogs New Member

I have a problem with CEC since FW .60. I use the internal apps on my LG TV which go to my Denon amp via ARC. However, after I installed FW 6.0.60 it has knocked out the TV's ARC service and the only way I can get that to work is to disconnect my Z9X HDMI cable from the amp. I've tried a load of different settings, such as turning CEC on or off on the amp, the TV and the Ziddo, completely disconnecting everything from the amp and reconnecting from scratch, but nothing has resolved the situation. So I eagerly installed 6.0.66 hoping this would sort it out but, unfortunately, whenever the Z9X is connected it knocks out the ARC from the TV. I've done all the previously mentioned stuff again over the weekend but the minute the Ziddo is connected to the amp, bang goes the TV ARC output.

Until .60 I had no problem with ARC setting and I've had the Z9X since launch so it seems likely that something in the FW has created the problem; if anyone has any suggestions to try and resolve this I'd be really grateful :)

15. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

woodymogs likes this.
  16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

im running mine Z9X direct to Panasonic z1000 oled and using eARC back to the amp Sony dn 1080 ( had to do this way since the Sony amp isnt HDR10+ passthru capable) ,and its worked fine with both 60 and now 66
    LGs have had firmware updates ...maybe that changed the Tvs earc setup ?

17. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, as the OP said it is a CEC problem when connected through an amp that affects arc and power controls, doesn’t seem to affect you as you go through your tv.
    As it is someone said it is fixed in this update but I’ll just keep my filter in line anyhow.

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

my bad :p
    i saw
    I use the internal apps on my LG TV which go to my Denon amp via ARC. However, after I installed FW 6.0.60 it has knocked out the TV's ARC s
    read it as connected same as mine

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

The 4 minute file played flawlessly in DV and Atmos. I have had issues playing full bluray remuxes that stutter after a few minutes of play so a 10 minute version would be good

20. Darto Winoto

Darto Winoto New Member

Is this Beta or Full Offical Version ?