BenQ HT3550 Optimum Video Settings With Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Web, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Web

Web New Member

Searched this forum for anything related to optimum Z9X video settings for my specific projector but couldn't find anything. I've read the more generic recommendations and just wondering if there might be something different I should try. As far as I can tell, my BenQ HT3550 projector doesn't have an option to manually force HDR mode as some JVC projectors apparently do. My setup in my dedicated theater for playing local content is Synology NAS -> Z9x -> Denon AVR-X6300H -> BenQ HT3550 4K projector. The HT3550 only does vanilla HDR10. No issues with audio. My 7.2.4 ATMOS sound setup is working great. Just not sure I'm getting the best video I might be able to get from Z9X with proper setup. I realize it is somewhat comparing apples and oranges, but I use a Roku Ultra for all my streaming needs in the theater and it just seems to provide a more vibrant picture than what I am getting from the Z9X. My source material for the Z9X comes from my NAS and is about half 4K HDR10 compatible movies and half are older SDR "classic" movies. The 4K movies are totally uncompressed so full 4K resolution and HDR10 as on my original disk. I'm currently using the video settings recommended by Markswift2003 in his post "Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD1619 Players".

EDIT: Never mind. Have completed a read through of all 87 pages (currently) of this thread and found a couple of instances where similar question was asked (just different model/make 4K projector). Regardless, Markswift2003 already replied with best information regarding the questions and I have the answers I need. I would have just deleted this post but not sure how to do that.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023